BRS group buy - 2/14/2012

lewk

Because nothing says I love you like some GFO!

Alright, looks like we'll have enough people for a full on group buy.

It'll open on Tuesday 2/14. Please try and get me your info by Friday 2/10, so I can get BRS the list of folks in the group buy.

Here's the details:

* Create an account on BulkReefSupply.com if you don't have one already.

* PM me your LAST name and BRS email address.

* We'll need at least 10 people for this to go through.

Then what?:

• On the pre-determined Tuesday each participant will receive an email notifying them that the Group Buy has started.
  • Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders!
  • During the group buy week participants will login to their own account to place their own order, which ships immediately.
  • At the end of the Group Buy each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is generally between our retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

Hi Lewk

It's been quite a while since I ordered anything but I wanted to clarify/ask something(s). In the past (perhaps distant) someone, often Mark, would actually submit a list of at least 10 eligible buyers. As I recall we had to send them a list of the emails the BRS accounts had been set up on. This is what qualified us for a group buy.

Also unless it has also changed, to my mind, the best way to go is to gang up orders and have them sent to one person. Of course this would have to be someone convenient for you. For instance, I always ordered with someone in L/CP and occasionally even Liberty HIll. Push came to shove I would even order with Chad and Belinda, since I haven't seen them for a while. Going together on shipping is solely the responsibility of all parties to work out, including getting the bucks to the order placer. It's just that this usually lowers the shipping cost by about half.

Unless group shipping is not available I would also be interested in joining the group buy. Posting the list of the buyers also helps in finding co-shippers.

Thanks

Bill

I believe we're at 9 people so far, and yes, we still need 10 to make this happen. I have the running list on my home computer, and will be happy to post that later tonight.

I don't know if there is one best way to order from BRS, in the past I have always just ordered by myself since I never quite knew exactly what I wanted when someone else was placing an order.

OK, group buy is on, we hit 11 people total. Here's who we have:

BiocubeD

wa1tx

lewk

brian.srock

sengson

wizardx322

Dena

Chad and Belinda

don duncan

CapsAzN

lmluckenbach

BioCubeD - I don't think the Vortech pumps are included in the group buy, sorry man.

OK, group buy is on, we hit 11 people total. Here's who we have:

BiocubeD

wa1tx

lewk

brian.srock

sengson

wizardx322

Dena

Chad and Belinda

don duncan

CapsAzN

lmluckenbach

BioCubeD - I don't think the Vortech pumps are included in the group buy, sorry man.

No worries, I'm actually not able to get the vortech on this order anyway. I was going to still get a few items to get the year of cheaper prices, once I see prices. If you don't mind I'm still going to pair with you for cheaper shipping like we discussed in pm. It can all go to your place and I'll grab it off your porch in the morning or that night which ever is best for you. I'll paypal you the cash and my order once I see the prices.

I was all set for the vortech even at full price, but I'm being sent to Puerto Rico for work in about 2.5 weeks. Gotta put some money into that for some fun on the weekend!