Juiceman

I hit the Regal Plastics website, it does not look like they do mail order directly. Did you call them for a quote?

I just bought 3 rods for a total of $14 tax included. No issues. I called ahead and went in person

Perhaps if someone is going to go there, they could see if anyone else needs some stuff? I'd be interested.

I would be interested too. Sounds like Juiceman already went though ....

Looks like i'm held up from starting the cure for at least 3 weeks.

They don't have enough rock in for me at this time but have more coming.

The good news is, I can now add a few shelves and Branch pieces to the order!

I wanted some for some variety but they didn't have any in stock.

Definitely want to do this right... I don't want to redo anything else!

I don't know much about the rock other than its live. Will you have to worry about hitchhikers?

So I have a dumb question. Why wouldn't you use rd400 mortar and acryl 60 and mortar the rocks together instead of using epoxy. It's by far stronger and more permanent. Then you cure your rock structures in tap water a couple times to let the p04 leech out of the mortar and rock then cure in saltwater?

The only time I would use epoxy is when working with wet live rocks.

With dry I would use mortar.

So I have a dumb question. Why wouldn't you use rd400 mortar and acryl 60 and mortar the rocks together instead of using epoxy. It's by far stronger and more permanent. Then you cure your rock structures in tap water a couple times to let the p04 leech out of the mortar and rock then cure in saltwater?

The only time I would use epoxy is when working with wet live rocks.

With dry I would use mortar.

Because it's wet live rock.

I don't know much about the rock other than its live. Will you have to worry about hitchhikers?

I may. I'm going to scrub and inspect each time I do a water change on the curing bin.

And inspect again once I'm building the aquascape, and again while I let them cure in the tank.

Just another thought as I am full of them this week. [emoji14]

If you are removing all the rock anyways, why don't you just put your current rock in a tub that's plumbed into your DT. Then throw a ton of peppermints in there to get rid of the aiptasia. Cover the tub and let the trash palys and GSP dieoff. If it's a lot of them, maybe move those rocks with GSP and palys to another smaller tub and leave them in there with no light to die off and run some carbon.

That'll save you a whole lot of money and still keep the same biofilter you had with your tank that's been happy.

On the live rock, I'm surprised you're going with actual live rock. I thought the whole point of the reboot was to get rid of unwanted hitchhikers?

Just another thought as I am full of them this week. [emoji14]

If you are removing all the rock anyways, why don't you just put your current rock in a tub that's plumbed into your DT. Then throw a ton of peppermints in there to get rid of the aiptasia. Cover the tub and let the trash palys and GSP dieoff. If it's a lot of them, maybe move those rocks with GSP and palys to another smaller tub and leave them in there with no light to die off and run some carbon.

That'll save you a whole lot of money and still keep the same biofilter you had with your tank that's been happy.

On the live rock, I'm surprised you're going with actual live rock. I thought the whole point of the reboot was to get rid of unwanted hitchhikers?

I read a lot into it. Aiptasia, palys, and gsp lived through months of heated water and darkness to end up back in people's tanks. I don't want to take the risk.

I've never had any issues with any of the live rock I've had. I know exactly where I got the trash palys and Aiptasia... I was just naive to what they were.

• Like 1

Just cough up the name on who gave you the tank-std

It wasn't a person. It was a store in San Antonio.

I was maybe a few months in and both were on combo Zoa Rock! They looked cool and grew fast! yay!.........

fast-forward when the Palys chocked out the pretty Zoas and the Aiptasia started ending up everywhere that I figured out what they were.