ATI Bulbs

C Lo Slice

I have a 4 bulb Aquatic life fixture and really like the ATI's. After trying different arrangements I now just use

1) ATI Blue Plus

2) ATI Aquablue Special

3) ATI Blue Plus

4) AIT Aquablue Special

I did try the fiji purple (replaced a blue plus), but I prefer the clean look of the two blue plus's. Anyways..just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately I cannot find a FTS of my 34g Solana from years ago. I originally used a 150w MH, then switched to T5 bulbs. I went with KZ and ATI bulbs and got the best color I had ever gotten in my corals.

Wish I could find the color combo I went with.

EDIT: Found it, actually.

ATI Blue Plus

KZ 14k New Gen

ATI Blue Plus

KZ Fiji Purple

KZ 14k New Gen

ATI Blue Plus

Hi,

Have you checked out the new ATI coral plus bulb? It's a blend of the Blue Plus, Aquablue Special, and Purple Plus bulb's.

ATICoralPlus.png

Cheers,

Yes, I was reading about this bulb the other day, it looks like it is going to be a very good bulb and quite comparable to KZ new gen. Hope that we get some folks to try it out to get some feedback on it. Have you seen this bulb in yet?

Unfortunately I cannot find a FTS of my 34g Solana from years ago. I originally used a 150w MH, then switched to T5 bulbs. I went with KZ and ATI bulbs and got the best color I had ever gotten in my corals.

Wish I could find the color combo I went with.

EDIT: Found it, actually.

ATI Blue Plus

KZ 14k New Gen

ATI Blue Plus

KZ Fiji Purple

KZ 14k New Gen

ATI Blue Plus

That sounds like it was a great combo, just out of curiosity what was your photoperiod when you ran this setup? Been doing a lot of reading lately that a reduced photperiod with T5's will give better coral coloration so would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with running a T5 setup.

• 3 months later...

So I'm finally getting around to actually ordering new bulbs. I was going to go with (in order): ATI Blue Plus, ATI Purple Plus, KZ New Gen, and ATI Blue Plus. I wanted to get everything on BRS in order to start a group buy that a few other members were interested in. However, BRS only has KZ Fiji Purple instead of the New Gen. Does anyone know if these are similar, or would it be a totally different color?

The KZ Fiji purple is equivalent to the ATI Purple Plus. You do not want two of those with only four bulbs. You can look somewhere else for the New Gen or go with another blue+ or an aquablue special. I would personally order from somewhere else for the new gen, I have wanted one for a while and wish I would have done that.

So I'm finally getting around to actually ordering new bulbs. I was going to go with (in order): ATI Blue Plus, ATI Purple Plus, KZ New Gen, and ATI Blue Plus. I wanted to get everything on BRS in order to start a group buy that a few other members were interested in. However, BRS only has KZ Fiji Purple instead of the New Gen. Does anyone know if these are similar, or would it be a totally different color?

Hey Caleb,

Let me know when you are ordering. I am interested in getting the exact same bulbs as you are so whether it's a group buy or just us two splitting shipping to get the bulbs, count me in. Thanks!

-Ty

Yes reef geeks has the new gen, and they are pretty good. If you want to stick with an ARC sponsor check out premium aquatics, he carries the new gen as well, as the other bulbs you are looking for......