Biocube 29 W/custom sump in stand

(Bio)³

pulled a small piece of rock from my running tank and stuck it in to start the cycle. Also added 1 dead krill to give off ammonia.

I'll start testing my water once a day to track the cycle, as the sea hare removes the bits of GHA on the other rocks i'll transfer them over.

Had a very productive day. Managed to rejet my scooter and get it up and running and got to spend a bit of time on my tank.

I installed a controller on the outside with non-damaging poster strips. I will move it all to the back side one day when I drain the tank and move it around but for now I like it on the side easy to access and that side is against a wall so you don't see it. post-2165-0-23782900-1327884242_thumb.jp

Got my Iphone linked in to the system. Still need to get the dimming wires.

Here is a close up shot of the sump for you bige, if you want a diffrent angle or closer on something let me know. post-2165-0-28981900-1327884246_thumb.jp

Hope the tank will hurry up and cycle lol.

Been awhile since I gave an update. I have gotten the new tank up and running, got the lights hooked into the APEX to dim them automatically.

Here are a few pictures to show the update progress. The only thing I have left to do is get an MP10 installed and start stocking the tank with corals. For the start of my stocking I will be getting corals from H.I's tank that I have had my eyes on and also a RBTA if he allows it to be taken out.

I also bought a Nikon aw100 for my upcoming trip to Puerto Rico, I'll be testing the water proof ability by stick it in he tank for some photos at some point.

The pictures I have right now:

This is the tank after I just added sand: post-2165-0-50051200-1329080348_thumb.jp

After dropping some rocks in and starting my aquascape: post-2165-0-76409900-1329080345_thumb.jp

This morning when I woke up it was finally clearing the rest of the way. post-2165-0-54777100-1329080356_thumb.jp

And a closer shot post-2165-0-73977700-1329080352_thumb.jp

I want to thank H.I for the coral frags he has given me, also ozarkawater for the shelf rock he traded me to allow me to get my shrimp a shelf hang out. The GSP in the bottom left is from Robb in Austin! *Thanks ROBB*

Anyone have any input on my aquascape? see something I should change or improve on?

My clowns seem to love the new tank now that the rock work is up the back wall and not an island, they have so much room to play they have just been twirling around all day in the currents.

I love this apex.

Tonight is the first night the fish can experience a dimming time instead of just straight to off.

At 8 PM the white lights start to go out, at 8:45 the blues start to go out.

By 9 PM the white is all the way out and by 9 45 the blue is all the way out.

The blue will also come on first in the morning at 8 am, white lights start up at 8 30. By 9 am the blue will be all the way on and by 9 30 the whites are all the way on.

Whites just started going out:post-2165-0-64113900-1329102127_thumb.jp

Whites are all the way out and blues are starting to dim: post-2165-0-00880500-1329102133_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be getting home tomorrow and I'll get to see how my tank does with being left alone for 4-5 days. Once I am back I plan to break down my old BC29 and list it for sale. I'm picking up a used fully stock red sea 130d with stand in about 1 week.

I plan to of course completely gut and redo the red sea with some LED and improvements. I won't be documenting that build, seems rather pointless since the little tanks don't have a ton of followers. I'll just snap photos every now and then and add them into my gallery to have a progression to view at a later date for myself.

Hoping to use the red sea 130 for either a sea horse tank to amuse my girlfriend or a dwarf octopus since they have always fascinated me. I am more leaning towards the octopus I think. This will give me an excuse later to build yet another tank without her complaining since it will be a sea horse tank for her.

• 2 weeks later...

ya that is a reactor tucked in the corner (TLF 150).

I have some GFO running in it right now. I was traveling alot for 2 weeks and only had short amounts o time with my tank, so when i fed i included the pack juices.... this encouraged a tiny bit of GHA and I'm getting it back under control.

that light by the way is (2) 10 watt LED, but only powered by (1) 10 watt driver. The LED are in parallel to get them to work with the smaller driver, it keeps them at 50% while I wait on my other driver to show up.

• 3 months later...

I pulled the reactor to clean it and I'm ordering in ROWAphos to replace the GFO so I have it offline. Planning on getting TDS inline meter and some filters also.

tarting to look for 90+ gallon tanks right now cause as you can tell, im running out of room. I'll end up moving the cube to another spot and keep it as a zoa ricordea garden.