Tank Tour at the end of August?

melev

Hey guys/gals I'm thinking we might start around 10AM or so. If anyone else has a tank they want to show off please reply so we can plan the trip around Austin. We may also stop for drinks after its over.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on how long you want to spend at each place. I think a tentative schedule could be:

Andrew - 10:00

Gabriel - 11:00

Mike's office tank: 12:30 (time to get a bite before)

Marcus and Dallas: 2:00

Mike's House: 4:00

James: 5:00

Bar for the game: 6:00 :)

Any thoughts?

Oh sorry Joseph I forgot. We are getting a pretty long list here. It may be a little difficult to get thru them all in one day. Maybe if Marc and Aaron are willing to start earlier they could make Joseph's the first stop. As for James I guess it will be up to how tired everyone is and what time it is. I personally am going to make sure I catch the game.

I don't know where any of you live so I guess if I could just get the starting address I could figure it out from there. I doubt I can make a day out of it, but I would love to put a face to the name and meet Marc.

If Brian (makoJ or greenmako) is available then his tank will be a must see. I like the suggestion to position it between Gabriel's tank and my office tank. Hopefully John will be able to make contact with him.

Mike

Ok so I'm still at the shop finishing putting up a box of corals Brian sent me from LA and don't know what time I'll be there in the morning. I still have a little prep work to do at the hospital and will call ya'll to find out where you are when I'm ready.

John

It was nice to meet everyone today (well maybe not everyone). Sorry I could not make it past Gabriels tank, but he said everything after that was not as nice as his anyway. :) It was nice to finally meet you Marc. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Austin. Awesome tank Andrew!

Definitely a great day. I regret not being able to see all of the tanks, but the discussion around the tanks I was able to visit was very valuable. We (ARC) should do this more often, as it gives the tank owner and the visitors a tremendous opportunity to hear opinions that may have an impact on potential improvements. Threads are great, but there's no substitute for an on-site evaluation.

Marc, great to finally meet you in person. You'll have to come around again in a year and check out my home tank. I hope your visit was worthwhile.

Mike