Tank Tour at the end of August?

melev

The last day of the month, I'm visiting your city for the sole purpose of seeing some of your tanks in person as well as to visit a few of your favorite fish stores. (Aug 31, Sept 1 & 2)

Mike (Dudester) has offered me a place to stay for that weekend. If you have a great looking tank or know of one that just should not be missed, please post in this thread so it can be scheduled for a visit. My plan it to come down Friday afternoon to see a couple of tanks, then Saturday a few more, and head back to Ft Worth on Sunday afternoon.

Food, beer and reef talk is to be expected.

If you want to make this a formal tank tour for Saturday, where we go as a group to visit 6 tanks that day, let's get organized now. We have about three weeks to work out all the details.

I'm relying on your guys to give me the grand tour. You know what's what, so don't be shy now. I mentioned my trip in the latest episode of Reefcast that should become available in the next 24 hours (Episode 24 at last!)

Marc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds great. Stop by and see my tank if you have time.

The fact that your username sounds promising makes me want to see it now. Plus I just watched your streaming video and saw your fat blonde naso. Could it be Spock's cousin?!? :)

So let's build a list in this thread. We can sort them according to areas of town to keep driving to something reasonable.

I'll be staying with Aaron in North Austin, and will see his tank each day so that one doesn't need to be on the list unless others want to stop by and he doesn't mind.

Mike (Dudester) home & office (confirmed)

Gabriel (confirmed)

Starfire (confirmed)

Headless_donkey (confirmed)

John's store - need the name & location (confirmed)

Marcus ?

Dallas ?

Anyone else?

Of course, we need to make sure these people are all in agreement before we can make them part of the official list

Melev,

Maybe in a couple years you all can stop by my house (as I am still in the purchasing equipment phase of my new 100g tank). I've been reading melevsreef.com over and over, for 2 years now. Finally inspired me to set up my first marine aquarium. Enjoy your time on the tour!

-Dan

Sounds like you'll have a great tank by then. Thanks for the nice words. I've got some specific ideas for the future of my site that I hope others will enjoy. I just need time, motivation, and creativity to happen at the same time. A few times, in fact. :D

Sounds like you'll have a great tank by then. Thanks for the nice words. I've got some specific ideas for the future of my site that I hope others will enjoy. I just need time, motivation, and creativity to happen at the same time. A few times, in fact. :D

Although I think your site is already just fantastic, there is so much content, I think it could really benefit from content management software. If it's something you like to try, just let me know. I'd love to help.

• 2 weeks later...

OK we need to get this thing organized! What time did you want to start on Sat.? If you are coming from Aaron's house I would think the first stop should be Andrew's (Starfire) then my place is close to him. From there we could go to Marcus and Dallas' then maybe Mike's house then James then end at Mike's office. That is a pretty good loop. Any objections or other ideas?

sounds like you guys are going to have a blast, I'm working all day Sat. though, you might want to come by Aquatek at some point to check out what we've got and just say hi, we've got a good selection of nice corals in right now and more coming tomorrow... we'd be a nice stop before you all head South. :)

I'm leaving this organizing in your collective hands. I asked bmwaaron if he could do this since he knows the area, and Mike contacted me last night as well. Please do put your heads together and come up with a working plan. I'm sure we'll have a great time.