Name the meanie

Mindflux

Ok, got a clown and a firefish now with nipped tail fins.

Name the meany:

6 Line Wrasse

Mated Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

Blue/Green Chromis

I left the firefish out since it's not likely he nipped his own tail.

Also, as far as sparring goes that I see.. I only see the clowns mess with each other (which makes me wonder if they are truly paired up). The wrasse doesn't seem to care about anything and the chromis just likes to zoom around.

I would say the clowns. If they are sparing over territory, they will go after other fish too. I had a very protective (and mean) Maroon that would chase other fish away from her spot. She would even come and bite me.

One of the clowns would be my first bet and then the chromis. If that's in the 34 in your profile, I would probably get rid of, or move the extra clown. The other 2 are going to destroy him eventually if it isn't them doing it already.

my clown is the same way, he chased my wrasse around and got his fins a few time. He got over it after a while and now I have a larger cleaning wrasse he's not the biggest kid on the block. hope that helps

One of the clowns would be my first bet and then the chromis. If that's in the 34 in your profile, I would probably get rid of, or move the extra clown. The other 2 are going to destroy him eventually if it isn't them doing it already.

The chromis is docile as far as I can tell. He's also the smallest fish in the tank... though that doesn't make much difference.

The clowns are supposedly a "mated pair", shouldn't that have some bearing on territorial disputes between the two clowns?

I see. I thought you were saying a pair, plus a 3rd clown.

If they are around the same size, they may not have established dominance. Normally a mated pair would be pretty much attached. There could be other stressors that are causing them to get defensive with eachother.

I see. I thought you were saying a pair, plus a 3rd clown.

If they are around the same size, they may not have established dominance. Normally a mated pair would be pretty much attached. There could be other stressors that are causing them to get defensive with eachother.

Yeah no, there's just the mated pair of clowns.. no 3rd wheel clown.

Precisely. Until you catch a fish in the act of bother in the firefish, all are suspect.

One of the clowns was the first to get nipped. Then the firefish.

Perhaps it is a clown doing all the nipping, though as a 'mated pair' I wouldn't suspect one clown going after the other. The firefish is a whole other thing. I think he finally dug himself a little burrow. Haven't seen him since last night, nor my wrasse. I'm hoping when I moved a little bit of rock that I didn't trap someone somewhere.

My vote...the clowns. I can't stick my hand in my tank for a second before my b/w clown is gnawing on me! The crazy thing is he knows the soft spots to go for...OUCH! He's only getting bigger (i.e. mouth getting bigger too) one day I'm going to loose a finger! Hope your guys heal and learn to get along!