What do you want to learn about?

Headless_donkey

I would like to learn more about coral fragging, propagation, cultivation.

how to frag:

softies

LPS

SPS

you know? like acan, favites, acros, dendros, duncans, shrooms, rics, candy canes, etc..etc..

then after you frag em, what do you? how do you treat them? how do you adhere to a rock/frag plug?

what works best? egg crate, sand bed?

what kind of tank? lighting? you know? the works.

How 'bout advantages / disadvantages of automation and reef controllers vs supplements and

dosing, or some cool diy mods. Just a newbies perspective... You all have probably been there,

done that.

How about a topic on calcium reactors, how they work, and what is needed to run 'em?

I guess it could also be a tangent to discuss if there are cheaper alternatives, ect?

Supplementation seems like a pretty good topic to me. I spent countless dollars throwing all kinds of chemicals into my tank that didn't do a whole lot.

I second (third?) this topic. This would be good information especially if done from the perspective of a SPS tank and non-SPS tank.

How about a topic on calcium reactors, how they work, and what is needed to run 'em?

I guess it could also be a tangent to discuss if there are cheaper alternatives, ect?

I also vote supplementation with emphasis on calcium reactors.

I love the topic! Perfect for a nwebie like me. So just be sure to schedule it when I can attend! Haha, OH, OH, OH, How bout video of the "meat & potato" part of the meetings being posted. I attended the photo meeting a few weeks ago and would like to have it available for review so I could remember what he said about the correlation (or was it reverse correlation?) between the F-stop and the focal length.

• 1 month later...

How about touching on the advantages and disadvantages of a calcium reactor verses kaulk dosing?

Plus all the equipment for getting started and how to use it all to get the most out of your system?

James D