WTB: Elegance, Fox Coral, and shrooms.

irishtexan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew,

When you get here.......just make me an offer ( I'm a very reasonable person and frugal too :rolleyes: ). We're the DIY type, so I now money wise is something to consider when you're in any type of hobby. Besides I didn't plan on propagating this coral.........it just happened. I just love the simplicity of some this creatures (easy ones).

:wave:

Cindy

They really are very nice :rolleyes: I will take whatever solid blue ones you don't take, Andrew. The rest are lovely also, but like I mentioned above, blue is my favorite color and the one I got is GORGEOUS in my tank!! I need more!! I'll leave the others for y'all to divvy up amongst yourselves. :wave:

Thanks Cindy!!

Everyone have a great holiday!!

Stacy

we've got some big mushroom rocks at aquatek you could split fairly easily and save yourselves the shipping cost, if you come in on my shift I can break colonies apart if people want to split them a 60 dollar mushroom rock is a lot easier to afford split 3 ways, there's a reason I keep a pickhammer and prybar in my truck :rolleyes:

we've got some big mushroom rocks at aquatek you could split fairly easily and save yourselves the shipping cost, if you come in on my shift I can break colonies apart if people want to split them a 60 dollar mushroom rock is a lot easier to afford split 3 ways, there's a reason I keep a pickhammer and prybar in my truck :D

That's a good idea, I think we were about to empty poor Cindy's tank! It seems like most of us are looking for blue ones. Do you have any really good blue ones? Would you happen to have any orange coco worms? :D

Ok Karen no hijacking now. :D
:D You can't call dibs on ALL of 'em! :D Seriously, I' m in no hurry. I'm looking for coco worms, as well. I can't afford to buy much as one time so I may end up waiting on the shrooms anyway.
:D You can't call dibs on ALL of 'em! :D Seriously, I' m in no hurry. I'm looking for coco worms, as well. I can't afford to buy much as one time so I may end up waiting on the shrooms anyway.
Oh, <badword>. My 12 yr old just explained to me what "hyjacking" meant. Please excuse my blonde senior moment. :doh:

Hello!

Yesterday I FINALLY found Horizon Aquatics after getting lost a couple of times. Maybe we shouldnt have tried to take the toll road there :lol:

Anyways, I got a Devils Hand, a really cool flower anemone, some macro, and a little 1in clam! Everything is doing great so far.

Some pics:

100_1133.jpg

100_1134.jpg

And a scale shot for fun

100_1122.jpg

I have a couple questions about the clam, the mouth is gaping a little. Is this caused from stress? Is there anything I can do?

Edited by irishtexan

Yeah hes still pretty stressed out, but his mouth has closed a little since the time I took the picture. I just got it last night so I will see how it does. The lighting for this tank is really high and probably overkill. :D lol. But since the tank isnt that deep not much light is lost. All my params have been stable for the past couple of weeks.

And yes, its a crocea. I will probably have to sell it when it gets larger. Unless I build a custom tank like I want to, with MH. :lol:

I'll be amazed if that clam lives at the bottom of your tank with 8W of PC... that's really not bright enough.

mine hang on just below the surface under 130W PCs.. but I wouldn't get too attached to that clam if that's where it's going to stay... you definitely won't have to worry about it outgrowing your tank.