BRS Discounts - Need 9 people to sign up - no immediate order required

Mad Reefer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been very active on ARC lately so there may be a different 'norm' that evolved for BRS Group Buys that I am not familiar with. All the ones I have been in, the organizer simply collected and sent in the info to qualify for the group buy and probably offered to place any order that wanted to piggy back on him - that's it. Mad Reefer has already gone the extra step of showing the approximate geographical groupings. (I apologize if this is patronizing>) No one is going to tell you who to order through/with. I AM PLANNING TO PLACE AN ORDER. Soooo... Chris and Stacy please 1) PM me if you would like to go in on 'my' order and asap 2) send me the actual order. You may pay me when the order comes in.

Thank you Scott for heading up this group buy. You've 'led us to water' :)

Bill

ps - I live 3 blocks south of the Lowe's.

Thanks Bill,

You are correct. There is no required sub grouping. Sorry if that was implied.:)

I think i will defer to tradition here and leave you all to sub group or not sub group however you wish to try qualify for free shipping.

Its really complete madness to try and orchestrate it any further.

Thanks everyone!

enjoy the discount pricing!

-Madness

I have already received my email from BRS notifying me of the group buy starting. please PM me if you do not get this notification.

MadReefer sent all our info in to BRS so that we could do the 'official' BRS group buy. They give us a discount accordingly. The pump I am getting is $144.95, with the group buy discount it is $130.46. So about 10% I guess?

Thanks Bill,

There is no required sub grouping. Sorry if that was implied.:)

Ahh the problems with emails!?/ (and my use of the English language I suppose). I didn't think you were implying anything bad, or incorrect, or that sub grouping was required. All things being equal it is obviously a good thing and I was just saying you were helping with that process more than usual. I was applauding you and definitely not criticizing. Thanks.

Bill

Yep, thanks! I have never participated in a group order like this, so sorry for my confusion. I will get back to one of ya'll tonight about which group and what I'm ordering. Thanks :)

Stacy,

To me some of the specifics of a BRS group buy have always been a little hazey. In fact, when there is no free shipping (was has been most of the time) you are just 'subgrouping' to get your shipping costs down Usually you will only save about $5 by splitting the shipping costs over shipping it for an individual order.

It now appears it would be easiest for us to all order with/through Chris, so just send your order to him. IF you are not ready to order by 10 tonite, through Chris AND you are going to order at least $57 worth of stuff, we could still go together, but I would need to know that soon to make sure to get in with Chris, otherwise.

btw - The discount depends on the item. It seems many of their 'house items' are as much as 20% Equipment is often closer to 10% and sometimes nothing if it's not any of their 'stuff'. I'm pretty sure you will have discovered by now - Once you sign in with your BRS email and password it will tell you the actual group buy price and discount, once you open the item.

Chris,

. I have to still take care of a few things but I will send you my order before 8,( assuming Stacey doesn't need a later order time). How/when would you like payment?

Thanks

Bill

Ok, thanks guys. Bill, go ahead and jump in with Chris. If I have time tnt to get an order in with yall, I will, otherwise I'll figure something out, lol. Chris, yes, when/how would you need payment? I'm having issues with paypal right now, so that's out for me...

My pleasure!

Turns out the BYO Chloramine RO/DI i want doest get a group buy discount sick.png

oh well. hope you all have better luck!

:thumbsup: Sorry to hear that, the only time they seem to put their RO/DI units on sale was during Black Friday :) . You will be happy with their RO/DI unit, I bought the 5 stage deluxe chloramines unit a few months ago and it is outstanding!!! Thanks again!!!

Hi!,

i think I can still add you!

1) If you do not already have a BRS account, Its been brought to my attention that i can refer you and in that way, earn some BONUS points. If you would like me to refer you please PM me the email address you want to use to sign up at BRS and i will send you a referral email. My referral is not required for the group buy. Feel free to sign up on your own if you wish

2) you will then need to PM me with your last name and email address you used to sign up for the account on BRS. So I can fill out the required group purchase form

3) then they should email you to let you know you have been added to the group buy which lasts till next monday. :P

Is it too late to add my name to the list?