Possible New Forum?

Diablo

Hey Ladies an Gents,

I'm new to the area moving from Houston an was a member of the local Reef Club for the area known as MARSH or Marine and Reef Society of Houston, some may have heard of it?

Well as I'm now a current resident in San Marcos it looks like this forum is my new home, an would possibly like to suggest to the admins if they would take a vote on creating a Nano's, Pico's, and Micro's specific Forum, as at least in Houston they had a large Cult like following, it kinda gives us little guys in the hobby who might not have room or the money :bye: for a larger scale tank a place to call our own. It could be a place to post innovative ideas, updates on builds, an a bragging place for those who dare to be little.:cool:

Thanks,

-Clayton

My $.02, which is exactly what it is worth.

I think the club and the forum are too small to support having multiple sections. By keeping everything here, you get to see everyone's tanks, from the big guys to the small guys. I think we will lose out somewhat if we separate things up too much because people won't venture out to all the sections. Plus I think the group is small enough and nice enough that all tanks, no matter the size or quality, are welcome here in the main section. Part of what makes this club is the closeness of the members, and I fear separate forums will affect that.

• Like 2

I think the club and the forum are too small to support having multiple sections. By keeping everything here, you get to see everyone's tanks, from the big guys to the small guys. I think we will lose out somewhat if we separate things up too much because people won't venture out to all the sections. Plus I think the group is small enough and nice enough that all tanks, no matter the size or quality, are welcome here in the main section. Part of what makes this club is the closeness of the members, and I fear separate forums will affect that.

+1

I would have to agree

Well this was a good way to see the way the community works in the area i wasnt trying to throw a wrench in a well oiled machine just merely making a suggestion i can see that this community might be a little bit smaller tighter group of reefers, thanks for the feedback loop.

-Clayton

I think an extra forum is unnecessary, and to be honest I like seeing info pertaining to small and large tanks alike - the principles are pretty much the same and they can be treated very similarly aside from stocking, though some solutions may be impractical because of the scale of either.

If you've got nano-specific questions, I'd check out a nano specific community like nano-reef.com.. then again, there's enough people here keeping nanos that if you post here someone will be able to chime in.

I think it would be a great idea if we had an issue with too much volume on this site. however i think with the volume we have a seperate forum would not be necessary, now if we had a nano photo contest or something like that, that would be cool.

A separate forum for tank builds might be cool though.

now if we had a nano photo contest or something like that, that would be cool.

JamesL are you listening. This is a great Idea! I think the last tank of the quarter was a solana. Not a nano but pretty close.

Dave-

It sure was :doh:

I think 34 and under are considered nanos. But I think that is really a matter of personal opinion!

Also, I think a nano photography forum would be cool!

now if we had a nano photo contest or something like that, that would be cool.

JamesL are you listening. This is a great Idea! I think the last tank of the quarter was a solana. Not a nano but pretty close.

Dave-

Great idea for a future photo contest. Keep an eye out for it in the coming months :)

A separate forum for tank builds might be cool though.

I believe this is the role of the blogs section.

Also, I think a nano photography forum would be cool!

I would tend to side with Will on this, in that we don't have much traffic in the photography section as is. ARC is such a diverse group of people and tank sizes, that if you ask a question in any of the forums everyone is going to see it and be able to respond. Plus a lot of photography stuff applies to both small and large tanks.