Well I finally made it!

Aaarrrggg

Well it's been almost 3yrs since I joined this forum to ask about good Aquarium shops to visit on my trip to Austin. At the time I had 55g tank and was living in the UK with aspirations of moving here with my boyfriend.

Fast forward 3yrs and my boyfriend is now my husband and we finally made it through the red tape (and our own disorganization) to move across the pond to Austin!! We actually got here April last year, but as we've been renting and settling in, I haven't had much time to think about aquariums (ok, if we're being honest I thought about them a whole lot but couldn't do anything about it!) That's all about to change though as we'll be closing on our dream home next week and I cannot WAIT to get an aquarium in there!! :D

The (My!) original plan was to convert a wet bar in the family room into a huge custom build, all bells and whistles, plumbed in monster aquarium! Big is better right? But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the fish and corals I like the best are actually the little ones. I love my Yasha Haze gobies and my Sexy Shrimp... Rics, Zoos and general Softies! So after much soul searching I've decided to keep the dream aquarium as a dream (for now anyway!) and focus on something smaller.

Now I have my heart set on an Elos Mini (20g)...man those things are beautiful! :wub:

As soon as I order one I'll be starting a build thread, but I just wanted to poke my head in and say "Hi!" and that I'm so happy to finally be over here with you all (I guess it's y'all now right?) ;)

Fran (aka Aaarrrggg)

Thanks everyone! :D

Congrats on all the happy things going there :) Welcome to Austin! What part? I love your avatar pic- super cute!!

~Stacy

The house we're buying is just off Cedar Park, can't wait to get in there and start decorating!

Hehe glad you like my avatar, the dratted thing took ages to draw! I did him for my website when I was pining after my aquarium. Cartoon fish are better than nothing! :lol:

If anyone is interested I have a bunch of cartoon fish on there (plus all sorts of other animals) www.CartoonizeMyPet.com

(Hope its ok to post the address, if not, sorry mods, feel free to remove... just thought people might like it)