Looking for a host

dapettit

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mind hosting again. :doh: I've moved and I think this place is better and would actually be cool with it. (Unlike that other place >.>) I don't have a tank up and running, though. I'm hoping to buy a stand for the one I'm working on tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

How much does it pay :lol: haha

I wouldn't mind having a meeting here in April but I'm not sure everyone would want to drive out this far.

It pays off in Karma.

I got April covered. I will be hosting Sat April 16 at 2PM. Because my house is modest (under 1500 sqft) I will open up the backyard patio and Jacuzi. In this manner the display tank and living area will get a little less congestion. It was my intention to discuss skimmerless operation with heavy feeding. All natural nitrate reduction techniques will be discussed. My husbandry is an evolution of many things but I summarize with John Tullock's quote from the Natural Reef, "Less technology/More Biology".

For the people who plan on relaxing in the backyard. please bring chairs. I have a dozen or so lawn chairs. If they get all occupied and you don't bring chairs, we will have to roll up some cedar stumps for chairs. Also bring towels as I do not have enough for The Austin metropolitian population. Looking forward to meetng everyone on Mar 19. Later that evening is a crawfish boil at the Nutty Brown Cafe. I will have to leave a little early as I will be helping with the crawfish boil (1000 pounds).

Patrick

PS At this time, I will acknowledge that I am a Cajun and an Aggie. My daughter graduted from Baylor and UT. My x graduated from LSU and Tulane and I graduated from Texas Maritime Academy. I am sure we can trade jokes with that ammunition.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to host a meeting, but my tank is pretty bare after fighting algae for what seems the last year... everyone could bring a frag. :)

I want to also do a discussion on the science of advanced photography for those with high end cameras and for those that want to learn more about taking great photos at some point. but there again, I have nothing to really take photos of.

Jake,

That would be great. Our last meeting covered photography so we may have to postpone for a later date. I will send you a pm later. I would like to talk to you more on this subject.

Dave-

I am getting excited about hosting the April Meeting for ARC. After my big die off in my outside propagation/growout system in January, I have reseeded both the macro and the micro fana and fauna. Due to plugged skimmer overflows and ice plugs which caused an ice flow on my back patio. The below ground stock tanks slowly drained and become diluted to freash with aquifier ground water. My reef keeping husbandry involes much attention to the sandbeds, which I feel are the beginning of the food chain. Zooplankton and phyto plankton generators. While sand bed critters take long times to mature sandbeds, immediate help is evident. I have added detrvore kits from several sources as well as seaweed from different eco-envioroments. I am happy to talk reefing anytime. On occassion I will demonstate seeweed eating.

Have a bodacious day,

Patrick