Glasscages Stands

mooric

Anyone here have any experience with the stands that Glasscages make? I like the fact they come unstained so I could stain it to match the rest of the furniture, but I don't know what the construction quality is.

TIA

Charles

I haven't bought a stand from them but I have bought a tank and I can tell you that their tanks are solid, but sloppily built. The stands might be the same way. Also the customer service at glasscages sucks, the owner was a jerk to me for no reason.

I've heard a lot of bad stories about the tanks. I've heard good things about the stands, but their service as suggested may offset anything good that you may get from them.

Check out the company RJ Aquatics in this thread - http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/14491-30-x-12-inch-calypso-birch-stand/

I've talked to the manufacturer several times and I think they will send a non-stained stand if you order directly from them. I can personally vouch for the skyline series (http://www.rjaquatics.com/products/skyline.html). These are 36" and higher quality than any stand I have seen in any store. No particle board of any sort. Mine is entirely 3/4" furniture oak plywood and red oak trim.

Currently my plan is to purchase a Marineland 90g RR through RCA. I don't really want to go with the Marineland stand since it's just particle board, plus I would like something that could potentially match(in color) the furniture in my office. So that means unstained or custom. Also I want to make sure that I will have good amount if space and easy access to the sump in the stand. I don't mind spending a little extra on the stand if it means I get what I want.

It wouldn't hurt to get a quote from a local cabniet maker, especially if you are wanting to match the stains with your furniture. Those guys are really slow this time of year and they can make it in their shop. Shouldn't be that much especially if you consider not having to pay for the shipping of the other stand.

I stained and sealed a stand for a guy from glass cages.it was similar to the tanks I've seen from them.very solid,but not as nice quality wise as some custom ones I've seen.it would just depend on the cost and exactly what you want I guess.as far as sturdy they are fine I'd say.also there was no particle board.

It wouldn't hurt to get a quote from a local cabniet maker, especially if you are wanting to match the stains with your furniture. Those guys are really slow this time of year and they can make it in their shop. Shouldn't be that much especially if you consider not having to pay for the shipping of the other stand.

Do you mean have them build the stand and canopy, or just finishing them? I had never considered having a cabinet maker build a stand but that might be a good way to go.

That's what I said. Prof has done a few stands.