What is your 4th of July project?

mcallahan

putting in a new skimmer, and makeing a diy fuge.

However i may just go buy a new 20h from petco and glass baffles, so i can get ride of my pvc pipe based baffle system.

In order to do all of this, i have to move my tank though.

I just scraped my tank with a razor blade. I had a scraper with a long handle and a metal blade but it did not work very well. Upon dapettit's advice at the Saturday meeting, I tried a single edge razor blade. That worked extremely well. I cleaned almost all of the pink off the sides and back and only got nibbled on twice. It looks much better.

Over the 4th, I am gonna do a water change and some other basic maintenance. I might begin removing the CC bed a little at a time. I figure if I remove about 4 cups of CC at a time, I just might be able to avoid cycling.

Besides burgers, beer and BBQ, what's everyone got on tap for tank projects the holiday weekend?

Is there anything besides that?

Im with ya there... havin a party on friday evening since Jake works on the 4th!!! was hoping to have my 90gal going by then... but dont think thats gonna happen.... if I could get my sump set up then I could add the few minor things later..... grrr anyone wanna help get my sump together lol!!!

i think im gonna tackle a way to ahng my light fixture so as to make it easier to take top down pics. Any ideas. Room is vaulted?

These are perfect for what you are doing. They are made to easily raise up and down the lights, there are a couple of choices.

For some reason the links I keep posting aren't working. Go to www.sunlightsupply.com and choose the gardening side. Then click on the light movers/hangars and it will pull up all options.

Spearing a 15lb + fish in the Bahamas, swimming with Sharks, petting a Barracuda! <---- NONE OF THESE WILL HAPPEN. bye.gif

Just read the rest of the post... oops! doh.gif

As far as tank projects go... I want to switch my lighting to T5!