Austin Aqua Farms?

Brooks

Hey everyone! I hope this is the right section for this.

Just wanted to see who had been to Austin Aqua Farms and if they liked it. I saw some stuff on their website I really liked a while back but when I went back to see what I could snag, it didn't have any pictures on there.

Also, where is it located? I'd like to see if I can go visit them sometime.

Thanks!

-Brooks-

Matt runs AAF and carries nothing but A+, choice corals. You will not find Acans of his quality for his price anywhere on the Net.

AAF is located about 20-25 minutes east of I-35 in Taylor, with basically an unmarked storefront. He does not allow drop-ins, but if you call ahead, I'm sure he will work with you.

I ordered a few Acans a few months ago and he waived the shipping charges because I wanted to pick them up myself. It gave me a chance to check out the place.....amazing set-up.

He just got a new shipment of goodies on Friday, but he's usually a little slow with the website updates.

Matt runs AAF and carries nothing but A+, choice corals. You will not find Acans of his quality for his price anywhere on the Net.

AAF is located about 20-25 minutes east of I-35 in Taylor, with basically an unmarked storefront. He does not allow drop-ins, but if you call ahead, I'm sure he will work with you.

I ordered a few Acans a few months ago and he waived the shipping charges because I wanted to pick them up myself. It gave me a chance to check out the place.....amazing set-up.

He just got a new shipment of goodies on Friday, but he's usually a little slow with the website updates.

Oh, I got'cha! Well I loved the stuff I saw on his site a few days ago so hopefully I can try and get 1st dibs on a few things, haha. I've been spamming refresh for the past 2 days. :)

Thanks for the info!

Brooks, AAR is on the corner of Hwy 79 (or W 2nd street as it is known in Taylor) and Vernon St. It's about halfway between the loop and Main Street. He has a most impressive set up and his corals are just beautiful. He doesn't allow drop-ins but it is worth a visit.

I noticed that Austin Aqua Farms is a sponsor of ARC on their homepage but I don't see a forum for them in the Sponsors section. Is this another case of incorrect forum permissions?

I don't think he has set hours, but he was pretty good with responding via e-mail. He's got his father covering the phone sometimes.

The "troughs" you see in the "Facility" pics are usually chuck-full of amazing corals. You just don't see that kind of quality every day. It takes great discipline to walk out of there with any money left in your pockets. I'm kind of thankful he's out there in Taylor because I'd probably be in there all the time.

I asked him why he opened-up in Taylor and not closer to Austin. When he told me what he's paying per sqft in rent, I couldn't blame him.

I took all of the pieces off the website several days ago because i'm running so low on stock right now and was supposed to go to the Nextwave event in Dallas today(Feb. 28) Friday evening my best friend was involved in a rollover accident that has him left in the hospital for at least the next 7-10 days. Needless to say, I did not make the trip to Dallas to attend the event and sponsor at my booth. I will be reposting corals to the website this week(mostly Aussie chalice, scolies, wilsonis).

The Indo shipment that was due in on Friday had issues with finding space on the airlines from Jakarta into DFW. With the distance and location of the flights, there's only 2 or 3 flights a week, and they book up the cargo space very quickly. I'm on the wait list right now for space on the flight that arrives into DFW on Thurs(Mar. 4) but am unsure if I will get the room or not. It may not be until 7-10days before it arrives, maybe longer if the freight issues still aren't worked out.

Australia is a whole other issue entirely. I haven't been able to get anything from them in the last 3.5months! This is their rainy season and they've been pounded this season by typhoon after typhoon. Rising water levels and 25kt+ winds are creating some serious issues for the collectors. They've been in the water 2 times in the last 90 days. Hopefully it will start to clear up soon and I can get some stock out of that area, people are banging the doors down to get at some new acans!

It's a bit difficult to get a hold of me at the shop right now with the few corals that are out there(keep in mind few is probably 200-300+.) People are still welcome to schedule a visit and come out to check out everything in stock, just keep in mind we have virtually 0 acan colonies, and the selection on Indo corals is VERY low. Once this pending order comes in, the tanks should fill up quite a bit. I believe the order should consist of approx. - 115 chalice/echinophyllias, 50 acros, unknown numbers of trachy/wellsos, montiporas, euphyllias, Indo scolys/donuts, etc etc.

And Andrew, send me some info about the ARC sponsorships, I need to get that up and running again~!