Feeding Corals

innate1

I'd like to pick ya'll brains about what you feed em, how much and how often. I've been feeding very minimally since battling cyano. So now that that's under control I would like to get better growth and want to start feeding them more. So please share your knowledge.

do you get much growth with once a week? I was feeding about the same and don't have much growth. I don't think I'll be using my media reactor much would you like to borrow it RJohn? I think it and the week of no lights turned the tide. I've been free of the red menace for two weeks now and it feels nice. LMK on the reactor.

http://www.dtplankton.com/articles/refugiums.html

With respect to feeding corals, I use the refugium to feed my corals. I feed my fish heavily. The uneaten food and the fish waste feed the reguium, which in turn feeds the corals. The above link is the second article in a series about feeding corals with DSB and refugiums by Dr. Ron.

Patrick

I tried reef roids, but all my corals did was slim. I feed frozen rotifers once a week. My corals seem to be happy. I also run a ca reactor which really increased growth. I believe Calfo said fish poo is the best coral food. :)

Danny in pf has one of the best coral tanks I've seen locally, and he doesn't specifically feed his coral. He just feeds the 15 fish in his tank and lets the leftovers and fish poop feed the corals. He does have a big Geo calcium reactor to keep the alk and ca stable, though.