Purple Digi

Crazy J

I was given some purple digi and the lighting from the tank i received it from was T5. I am running Metal Halide and the corals bleached out. I still see the polyps coming out every day but I was wondering how long they will be bleached for. Not all of the frags completely bleached, but most did. Any ideas out there on timeframe?

I'm guessing you shocked the coral going from T5 to MH and the MH has a much greater intensity. My suggestion would be to move the digi to the bottom of the tank, and if that is already where it is, then move it to a place the gets little or indirect lighting if/when it recovers. Since you still have polyps, it sounds like it still may.

Stephen

The wattage is 250, I have three frags and they are positions high, medium, and low....(funny huh). The low is fine, the high is half bleached and the medium is all bleached with some normal spots. They all still have polyps and have been in the tank for roughly two weeks now.

From my experience they will make it if the polyps are out, I have had that happen a couple times. I would guess it might take up to a month for it to regain color. I have bought distressed corals that took 6 months to regain color, it's really hard to say.

All the above qusetions I asked was to intice you to think about the postioning of your corals as you add them to your system. I would suggest next time to start them in the sand bed and move it up each week until you place it where you want it.

+1 on shock and bleaching.

Dave-