Refugium Questions

Crazy J

I have a question about mini-white serpeant star fish. I was looking at my refugium today (I got lost in it for roughly half an hour) and noticed mini-serpeants all over the place. I had never noticed them before, but I'm assuming they are safe because of their size. Do they attack pods? Also, I have an outbreak of mini-white feather dusters as well. How many is too many? Both seem to have taken over, anyone have any thoughts on this.

Hey J,

Many reef keepers focus on the refugiums more than the show tanks. Daniel Knop, German expert reef keeper, had a wonderful exibit at the Pittsburg MACNA conference. Mature reef systems, especially skimmerless natural systems, produce abundant mini-inverts with much diversity.

Patrick

I definately have an abundance of Feather Dusters and starfish, I was worried because they are at epidemic levels along with the astrea stars in my main tank. The Feather Dusters are even starting to cover my return pump (brave little guys).

Edited by Crazy J