All the way from Elgin, hello....

Hydro

Hi Everyone,

Only 8 months in but totally addicted (luckily so is my wife). We have 3 tanks plumbed together; a 175 bow, 75 bow, 36 bow refugium, 30 gallon sump, and about 500 lbs of live rock. I'm really in to equipment and automation of things so I have a 30 gallon freshwater top off and a 1/4 hp chiller in my garage, phosphate reactor, UV sterilizer, and protein skimmer. We are running 1200 watts MH over the 175 (reeflux 12k) with actinics, 500 watts over the 75 gallon with actinics, and PC lighting over the refugium. All of our MH lighting will be water-cooled soon.

As far as livestock goes we have mostly tangs, powder blue, powder brown, purple, sailfin, desjardine, blue hippo, metallic fox face, toby puffer, green spotted puffer, pair of black and white clowns, about 15 various shrimp and some gobies. We got about 75 different corals (most are small), my favorites are the boo-berry, pink lemonade, strawberry lemonade, oregon tort, bluberry special, red planet, hawkins, roscoes, cali tort, miyagi tort. We have a dozen different types of zoo's and paly's, favorites are variable stars/mohawk, tubbs blue, kedd red, iand a colony of longhorn palys (actually organism palys but I like calling mine longhorns). Sunset, grape, rainbow, superman and chill pepper monti...a few different kinds of acans, blastomussa, neon nepthea. Most of our stuff is medium sized frags starting to grow out nicely.

The 175 is definitely our display tank, the 75 is under construction, and the 36 is a display refugium/ puffer tank.

I read different forums almost daily learning from people that have much more experience which helped us with several problems. Thought I would go ahead and participate in case I can help someone, we have learned alot in 8 months but still need help from time to time.

post-1255-12611096491038_thumb.jpg

post-1255-12611096657092_thumb.jpg

post-1255-12611096992885_thumb.jpg

post-1255-12611097142755_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments! Not many people have seen our tank, it's nice to show it off to people who can apprciate how much love goes in to it.

I will learn how to take better pictures, the ones I posted were actually taken with my phone.