First Reef

Starsprinkle Rainbowsmile

Hi ARC,

I have wanted to setup a reef tank for most of my life and now I finally have bought my first tank: an established 28 Gallon Nano Cube. It's not much, but it's mine, and I'm very happy about it.

Now I can say, I am part of the Austin Reef Community! :P

Currently there is a blue damsel, a couple crabs, an urchin, some snails, some star polyps, xenias, a small SPS. This is nice, but I have a few ideas to make it truly mine. First I will need a few select pieces of live rock and a good aquascaping imagination! Hmm I look forward to sharing some of my ideas :)

Cheers everyone, happy reefing!

Christian14

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Razorsharp is right, just getting started was the hardest part! You save and save, and do all this research, make plans, scrap them, make new plans, etc... pretty soon you're wondering that you've spent all this time and effort and STILL NO REEF! LOL. For me it feels like a big hurdle is passed :). Now I can enjoy my new tank, continue to learn, and move onto a bigger tank and challenges in the future, but at least for now my hands are finally wet!

Aschen: I was lucky to get a few real nice pieces of live rock with my system. I picked up another few select pieces and I've got a pretty good idea what I want to do, but you're right it is a big challenge, especially finding that last piece of live rock- a nice plate/shelf piece!

Mama: Thanks, I'm sure I will!