Who has too much money? Zero-edge aquariums

mFrame

Their FAQ states salt creep is dramatically reduced since you have constant flow of water. They explain salt creep and why it happens and why their system has less salt creep.

I thought about the leveling bit, too. That and you would have to make sure that the flow was not too fast so that the water clings to the outside of the glass and doesn't splash about.

Sounds finicky to say the least.

Edited by doktorstick

On nano-reef there are a couple of people that have overflow aquariums like this set up. It definitely is an interesting idea. Some I have seen online have water overflowing over just the front and side panes, thus leaving the back pane (which is higher) to be used for powerheads and such.

On nano-reef there are a couple of people that have overflow aquariums like this set up. It definitely is an interesting idea. Some I have seen online have water overflowing over just the front and side panes, thus leaving the back pane (which is higher) to be used for powerheads and such.

Yeah, they have a "3-sided" option that they say is good for the powerheads.

Wouldn't you get little ripples of water in the overflow that would make it hard to see? It seems like even in the best case it would be harder to see things in this kind of tank than a regular tank.

In the middle east the swimming pools are kind of like this. The water is level with the ground and overflows into a grate along the edge of the pool. Those look really good, but I don't like this for aquarium design at all.