Anyone need anything from reefcleaners?

NonSequitur

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at the ADC day surgery center (360 and lakewood.. my wife is having an upper/lower GI scope) until about 2, then I have to run my daughter to a doctor's appointment in Taylor at 3, back in town by 5 or so.. so I'll be running around, but I'm sure I can sneak away to either swing by your place or meet you somewhere.

Reply from John:

Looks like it is still sitting in West Palm. We tried to cancel most of our shipment this week because we are experiencing gale force winds, but didn't cancel this one because of the problem of scheduling pickup. It won't fly tomorrow either because of the holiday, so it is safe to say it will be a huge disaster at this point except for the snails and macro.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=EO851221895US

Then a second email:

Actually since it is Express Mail it may be delivered tomorrow. I will get back to you on this, I have a lot of these emails.

:(

That's my zip code, and yes I did have a pink slip in my mailbox yesterday. :(

I received this note from John this am:

Hi Michael, there is a major problem with the group buy shipment.

Unfortunately because of the weather here (heavy wind gusts yesterday), the plane with your packages never left the ground and the package is still in West Palm Beach. The serpents, brittles, emeralds and hermits will not make it. The Chitons and limpets may, the snails and macros should be fine. Your area should have holiday shipment with Express Mail, so it may arrive tomorrow, but I can't be sure, and the post office is closed to calls. Keep me posted on the outcome, and we will proceed from there. I sincerely apologize for this trouble, and will update the group buy members at this time.

John

So it looks like they tried to deliver to my place yesterday and left a note for pickup at my local office. I didn't get the notice until after 9, though, so I didn't pick it up yesterday. The Post Office is closed today.

My plan is to go first thing tomorrow morning to get the package and try to get it up to Mark's house for distribution. We can individually let John @ Reefcleaners know what did and didn't make it. Anyone south want to serve as courier to get the box up to Mark?

Mike

Jeremy and I met and picked up the reefcleaners order this am, it's on the way to Mark's house.

Sadly the vast majority of critters did not make it, and several looked like they were barely hanging on. My 25 hermits were completely DOA.

I'm contacting John about the order but you may each want to do so individually.

My hermits were DOA but all the snails seem to be making it. I ordered 50 dwarf cerinths and I think he sent about 100. I put them in a cup in a tank and about half of them have climbed out. I also got some fuzzy chitons, which haven't moved but are firmly attached to the rock they are on.

Shaving brush (macro) made it just fine, of course. I think I would be fine ordering snail through regular priority mail in the future.