Vivid Aquariums Group Order TAKE 8

mcallahan

Our early October order was a great success and following the requests (again) of several members, I'm putting together another Vivid Aquariums order with a faster turn around time.

Vivid Aquariums has a great selection of just about everything, including FISH so peruse their website, then place your order keeping in mind the following:

- Order closes, Monday, Nov 9th, @12p

- Pickup will be @ my house, 8422 Jamestown Dr, 78758 or if we have enough people, I can coordinate a central pickup.

- if we have enough "southies", I'll coordinate a southern pickup.

- The shipment usually arrives @ 10:30a so if you can schedule breaking away from lunch or working from home, its a great way to get your goods early!

- minimum GROUP total order is $150. So if we don't get enough interest to have a total order value of $150, it won't go

- $225+ qualifies for free shipping, otherwise shipping is a flat $30. After the free shipping discount, they will just charge us $10 for the box. We'll split this charge among everyone involved.

- $500+ usually gets us a 10% discount

- Dry goods DO NOT count towards our order total, DO NOT get the 10% off and DO NOT get free shipping.

Payment works as such: I have to order and pay for everything myself. They won't let everyone pay individually then group our orders together (like @ reefcleaners.org). So I'm requesting that everyone either pay cash or paypal directly to me before 12p on 8a on Monday, Nov 9th. Once I get everyone's order, I'll confirm it with them, then send the order off. PLEASE NOTE: If you are paying via paypal, be sure to add 3% for paypal fees OR use the "personal" option.

I'll let people chime in with pictures of what they got from vivid in the past. I've had GREAT customer service from them and MORE than generous frags so you won't be disappointed. MAKE SURE you check out their WYSIWYG picks. They are adding new inventory all the time and their stuff looks great!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... with how many orders you do, are they going to be a sponsor soon?

I do one every time someone asks me to head one up.

I keep asking re: sponsorship. The owner wasn't there when I visited (maybe he was hiding?) so I didn't get a chance to ask him personally.

So if someone wants to fly me out... wave.gif

I'm willing to be a more central pickup location (360 & 2222) if that works out better for everyone. I can be home all day if needed.

I guess we have to take our chances with availability? If figure out we want X now and then on Tuesday it isn't available, then we have to come up with an alternative? Or would you refund the paypal money back?

Thanks for organizing this, Mark.

I'm willing to be a more central pickup location (360 & 2222) if that works out better for everyone. I can be home all day if needed.

I guess we have to take our chances with availability? If figure out we want X now and then on Tuesday it isn't available, then we have to come up with an alternative? Or would you refund the paypal money back?

Thanks for organizing this, Mark.

A-

I can bring the items to you for the southies/central people.

Vivid is usually good about holding stuff for us as long as we pay up front. Some items aren't a problem about getting in stock, but if you were looking for a WYSIWYG item, it'd be best to nail it down sooner vs. later.

Yeah, I got one around order 3 and it was one of my favorite pieces. However, the sponge died out from under the polyps and I lost it. From reading, these sponges are very hard to keep. Do you have good luck with other sponge in your tank?

The other thing to keep in mind is that the white part is a parasitic polyp that feeds off the sponge. If the sponge dies, the polyps die. The polyps are non-photosynthetic. I did see them filtering the water, but everything I read says they're dependent on the sponge.