New from S Austin

Efrain

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Efrain and I am new to the world reefing. I am very excited about finding and joining your communitysmile.gif and to finally getting started in the hobby. I currently have a small 12gallon Nano Dx that was recently given to me, and in the short time I have had it have gotten the bug and would like to start setting up a 135g I have as well. Any advice for someone new to world of reef setups always greatly appreciated (brand names to look for/avoid or anything helpful). I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you thru trades/buys/sells/meetings. Thank you all and happy reefing.

Efrain

Welcome, The best advise I can give you is read all you can, go slow, go slower, and ask a lot of questions. I have been in this for 15 years now and learn something new all the time. You can spend a lot of money in this hobby but you can waste a lot more. There are many ways to do things but there are ways that are proven to work better than others. wave.gif

WELCOME!!!! I agree with muddybluewater....if I could do it all over again, I would not have 6 tanks running today, some with "beginner" lighting,filtration and SIZE!! I was told to get the biggest and best that you can afford and have room for. I have learned most of what I know today right here on this site and the meetings I have attended. Also, google is my best friend.smile.gif

Hope to meet you on the 24th....(meeting at mcallahan's)wink.gif

Laura

• Like 1