Looking for help moving a tank & equipment...

reefman

I'm looking for help moving a tank and equipment from Round Rock (off of Red Bud) to my house in NW Austin. Not sure yet whether this will be done Saturday or Sunday (the day will really depend on what I can pull together in the way of help).

I will provide beer and pizza at my end. If you had time, the extra hands would be helpful. I know I'm trying to pull this off at the last minute, so I completely understand if you have other plans.

Please let me kn ow if you could help either day.

Stephen

Thank you, thank you both.

James,

Yes, if you could bring your van, that would be super.

Let me know if either of you has a preference on beer and pizza. I eat pizza, but don't drink beer, so let me know what you want and I'll have it iced down and waiting :D

I'll send an update a little later when I have a better idea of what the logistics will be, and will try to get this planned out for Sunday.

Again, thank you both.

Stephen

Looks like we're definitely going to try this on Sunday.

I would like to get started at around 10:00, but we can start later if y'all prefer.

Also, let me know if you rather meet at my place (off 183 and Oak Knoll, and caravan over to Shane's, or meet up there).

Stephen

Since a few of you that have offered to help need to get back home by early afternoon, I would like to kick this off at 10:00. If you plan to meet me at my house first, then try to be there by around 9:30, so we can be a Shane's by around 10:00.

Please let me know where you plan to meet up so I will know who to look for at my place before we head to Round Rock.

My place:

11610 Autumn Ridge Drive

Austin, Texas 78759

(NW Austin off 183)

Home # 257-9550

Cell # 695-2013

Link to Yahoo map

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG...30.410486&mag=5

Shane Lafferty's place:

3358 Pioneer Crossing

Round Rock, Texas

If you need Shane's #, please PM me and I will send it.

Link to Yahoo map

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG...30.401307&mag=7

The drive directions on this map seem confusing, the easy way is:

Go north on I35 thru Round Rock, exit HWY 79, turn right onto HWY 79. Go up HWY 79 to Red Bud (a little way past the Dell Diamond). Take a left on to Red Bud at the light. Just a litte ways past the turn, you will see a neighborhood sign named "Trailside". The street is Pioneer Crossing. Turn right on Pioneer Crossing. Address is 3358 Pioneer Crossing, about a block and a half down on the left.

I've had one request for Miller Lite, so I'll have it, Bud, and some O'Douls icing down. If you want something else, please let me know and I'll be happy to get it. I'll order pizza when we start to head back from Shane's with the stuff.

We'll have for vehicles that I know of:

Shane's truck

James' van

Chase' blazer (my step son)

My Trailblazer

I think this should be enough, but if you can bring something that can haul, all the better.

We will be moving:

a 130g Acrylic tank, canopy, stand, sump, lights, and equipment (big Trigger Systems skimmer, pumps, lots of plumbing and equipment)

a 45g Quarantine tank with canopy, stand, and lights

JoeK,

I think I have enough containers and buckets, but if you have extra's I would appreciate you bringing them as a just in case.

Mike,

If you can bring a truck, great, but hopefully we will have enough vehicles, so its your call.

Everyone else,

Again, my thanks. Let me know if you think I'm missing anything.

Stephen

Mike,

Do what you need to do for your job, it looks like we have the move covered well. Sorry you can't make it, but if you get off work feel free to come by and grab some beer and pizza. Would love for you to see the systems I have set up.

Stephen

I'm a little concerned about containers. I have 3 rubbermaid containers, 3 plastic tubs, and several buckets, but if anyone has any laying around could you please bring them with you just in case?

Thanks.

Everything else is still online for tomorrow. Hope the weather clears.

Stephen

Stephen,

I am going to have to bow out of this move. Unfortunately, I think I'm starting to get sick with something one of the kids brought home from school.

I apologize for not being able to assist.

Joe

I just wanted to be sure and thank everyone for the help with the tank move Sunday. The tank is not completely set up yet, but we have the rock & coral in, most of the water, and I should be able to get the rest online in the next couple days. All the major pieces are in place.

Thanks again to:

Wryknow

GKarshens

Headless_Donkey

APmark

...and finally Shane Lafferty (who I bought the system from), who was indespensible in helping get it set back up at my place.

Stephen