How do you make your AC III wireless?

dapettit

I just purchased an ACIII and was wondering if anyone out there has adapted it to their wireless router? Will I need a wireless gaming adapter? If so what is recommended. I know I need to hard wire the unit to my laptop when updating. Any input will be greatlly appreciated!

Dave-

My AC III is plugged right into my wireless router and I can access it through my wireless network.

If you are asking how to have the AC III get on your network wireless-ly, I don't know on that one other than getting a wireless repeater and plugged the AC III into it on the LAN side.

peruse the RC NeptuneSys sub-forum for rec's:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=368

you can also look into powerline ethernet adapters, eg:

http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/09/17/megaplug-av-200-actiontec-easily-networks-aquarium-controllers/

fry's has a large selection to choose from for all of the above.

for me, i'll be re-using an old dell wifi router as a client (bridged?). i use dd-wrt for both the dell and my primary router (linksys wrt54gl).

The repeater is the way to go. It's just a small box with an antennae and a network jack. You configure it to connect to your wireless network and hard wire the ac3 to it. I did the same thing with my xbox360 in my last apartment and it worked fine.

The repeater is the way to go. It's just a small box with an antennae and a network jack. You configure it to connect to your wireless network and hard wire the ac3 to it. I did the same thing with my xbox360 in my last apartment and it worked fine.

can i get one at fry's?

Dave-

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing to do for this is to get a cheap netgear rangemaxx router and flash it with dd-wrt and use it as a bridge. this will turn it into "a gameing router" for I.E xbox xbox360 you can get a Microsoft wifi gameing router built for the xbox360 if you want to pay 70-100 bucks. i have the dd-wrt flash if anyone needs it. im useing a netgear rangmaxx router for my home network so i know it works and im very familiar with the dd-wrt f/w if anyone needs help.the router may cost you 20-30 bucks at newegg or on craigslist.i didnt see mitch posted the dd-wrt f/w trick. the netgear router will take the same f/w at the linksys they use the same cisco chip.

I have an old netgear router. I tried to do what you suggest with the flash but I couldn't fins it listed as compatable with dd-wrt. Will it make a differenc? I'm currently on a Linksys (G) router. If I could keep from spending another $50-$80 would be great.

Dave you may be able to use differnt s/w for that router to achive the same thing, but you will need to jtag it and force the f/w into the tsop. it requires a parallel port and a jtag and a 1.2mhz xtal. if you give me the model i can see. i have a jtag and the xtal.