peppermints eating mushrooms

lewk

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with peppermint shrimp eating mushrooms. Got home last night and the little b*st*rd was banging away on a rock covered with them. Did enough damage to completely remove one of the caps. I have two of them in the tank, and it looks like they just took a liking to these over the past couple days, overall I think this is their 3rd week in the tank. I'll hand feed the shrimp every day, so I know they're getting enough to eat (or so I thought).

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with peppermint shrimp eating mushrooms. Got home last night and the little b*st*rd was banging away on a rock covered with them. Did enough damage to completely remove one of the caps. I have two of them in the tank, and it looks like they just took a liking to these over the past couple days, overall I think this is their 3rd week in the tank. I'll hand feed the shrimp every day, so I know they're getting enough to eat (or so I thought).

Make sure they are not Camel Shrimp. However, all shrimp or opportunistic feeder. If you value your shrooms, feed your shrimp more.

Pat

The mushrooms came in on some LR I got, so they've been there as long as the tank has been running, which is probably a couple weeks pre-peppermints. I'll check on them tonight when I get home and see if they're leaving them alone.