Aptasia

mhart032

Has any one noticed more than normal number of aptasia poping up? i have a few in my tank and its new, and i had none in my 42g that i upgraded to.. is their something i am doing thats making them grow so fast?

Injecting with lemon juice suposidly gets rid of them or "true peppermint shrimp" (Lysmata wurdemanni), but make sure it is the true pep.

I've used the lemon juice method with great success. Just get a small syringe and inject in the base of the suckers.

i normaly use blue vet aptasia killer. its good stuff but i have a couple in hard ti reach places the blue vet is good because you dont need to ingect it into the aptasia just coat the little guy with it and it kills it in 24hrs

I used aptasia-x. It is basically the same bit where you just need to inject it at the oral disk. Killed off every aptasia that i could get at. Maybe it's the cruel part of me but I really enjoyed the aptasia-x because it was instantaneous. The aptasia actually eats it and if it is a big one you get to see pop in about 3 seconds. The little ones just dissapear in the same time frame. The glue like substance seals off the aptasia from spawning more by sealing it all off. Don't want to sound like an advertisement but I've killed off several hundred aptasia with it (when i bought my tank it had a huge infestation) and no longer have an issue at all.

well good news. my shrimp made it through the night. it seems the pistol and left them be for the time being. or maybe he cant catch them.. i dunno i saw all 4 this morning swimming around. one made a home right where i wanted him too right in the middle of the aptasia..

Archived