aquadome

Christian

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion, websites are nice BUT if they aren't updated frequently they aren't effective.

Since I live in Buda, it is a drive to venture out and visit any LFS's. As a customer and frequent visitor to some stores, I would like a website that provides updates on shipments and ideally to have daily snapshot of what is available. I find that majority of the time I take the effort to drive the distance, either the available livestock is limited or doesn't meet my requirements.

My .02 cents for what its worth.

I could care less if a fish store, or any hobby store for that matter, has a "real" website. So is the nature of hobbies, the stock will constantly change. This isn't Home Depot listing the price of tools, tolls that they will always have in stock. These are real live animals. Not to mention I'd be super pissed if I wanted that "one specific thing", only to find out it was sold a few hours ago or days ago. Big whupteedo if they update that shipments are coming in. Come on folks this is an ever changing hobby, shipments come in EVERY WEEK. It's not rocket science that the best part of a hobby is the search part. Who in the world would ever want a hobby that is instant gratification? Then it would be a "hobby" it would be "stuff I bought". The only website I feel that any of the shops need are ones that state phone numbers, any services beside selling items, and hours of operation.

I guess what I'm saying here is, I love getting off my *** and going to the stores themselves when I'm cash positive, coral negative.

On the other side of this question, it has been answered many times that the Dome are great people. Gary, Terry and Hunter all care about the charges they keep custody of and they also keep track of most of us hobbyists. They've been around for many years, one of the 2 longest running shops in town.

I'm getting this vibe that something happened and you are looking for a way to bring it up?

ya living so far from a LFS in Buda it would be nice to see what the aquadome has and be able to resurve the fish or coral.

I t would be kool if their was a LFS in buda

Edited by christian

no i have not had a bad experience with them but i like to see what they have and i can spend hours looking at the tanks and my mom always wants to go home with in like 20 min's of standing there.

Hey Christian...

That's what mom's do wink.gif

I can tell you from working at RCA that there have been a few times a customer had purchased livestock, still in the bag, as it had just arrived!!

The best thing to do it call ahead or get on the LFS wish list if it is a specific fish you want.

With corals, it really is a Christmas present hunt...biggrin.gif

no i have not had a bad experience with them but i like to see what they have and i can spend hours looking at the tanks and my mom always wants to go home with in like 20 min's of standing there.

Here is what I'd say in that regards. Most parents feel that their children never open up and talk to them about their interests. This is a time to connect with your Mom, not just beg her to take you to the store because you can't drive there. Instead keep her updated in regards to your tank and your interest in the hobby. Keep an open dialogue with her. She is not a chauffeur or a driving service. She should become excited by being involved in your hobby. She will be thrilled knowing what you are interested in, who you do this with, where it could lead in the future.

Then she won't feel that she is just standing around for 20 minutes waiting for you. Instead she will be investing 20 minutes in your happiness, well being, and future.

BTW, it would help if you could reciprocate that kindness by taking an interest in her hobbies, or getting her involved in your hobby with a nano tank or corals of her choosing. Set this up as a weekly event that equals to you both spending time together. Parents seem to like that kind of thing.

I went in Aquadome a few weeks back and mentioned that I was a member of ARC to the owner behind the counter. He handed me a flyer with the club his store is apart of. I read the flyer, but don't remember anything about it, other than it was like 19.99 a year.

By joining their club, you receive a discount on many items in the store. Livestock is 10% off. I can't remember how much you save with drystock. We have been members for 3 years and have saved well in excess of the cost to join. If we didn't live all the way over in Georgetown, it would be an even greater savings.

BTW, it would help if you could reciprocate that kindness by taking an interest in her hobbies, or getting her involved in your hobby with a nano tank or corals of her choosing. Set this up as a weekly event that equals to you both spending time together. Parents seem to like that kind of thing.

To tag along with Mike, do some stuff around the house without being asked. Go above and beyond in your chores(assuming you have them).

As a parent, 10yo & 22yo, this will go even farther.

But everything Mike said is golden.

agreed mike... i love aquadome. i remember going there when i was way younger. my dad would always take me and my brother. there service and prices are outstanding. i dont mind the drive from north austin out there cause i know theyll always have something worth the drive. i remember when i was going to the lfs to get my dwarf lion. i must have drove different lfs 5 times. it made it that much more woth it when i found him though

So is the nature of hobbies, the stock will constantly change. This isn't Home Depot listing the price of tools, tolls that they will always have in stock. These are real live animals. The only website I feel that any of the shops need are ones that state phone numbers, any services beside selling items, and hours of operation.

I guess what I'm saying here is, I love getting off my *** and going to the stores themselves when I'm cash positive, coral negative.

I agree with Caferacermike I have maybe one or two must haves but going to the LFS and seeing something that chooses you is what makes your reef ! IMO & My wife could care less about going to LFS with me, but she know there's visit to Houston's restaurant when we head to a Austin LFS In fact she even wants to drive !!! <_<

my mom sayed this morning that the fish tank looks like a desert and there is no color in the tank besides the clowns that swim all over the place. I want to add fish that have color and swim around the tank. any Ideas? :)