--new here!

Jessica

Hello everyone, well as the title says, I am new here and will being moving to Austin this fall! I"m just a student and will be attending UT, majoring in marine biology. =)

Well, since I know absolutely no one here and have never made a big move and pretty much do not know absolutely anything about the city, I am wondering if you have any advice for me?

Also, just to throw it out there, I am looking for a Bio Cube to start off with. I currently have a 40 gal FOWLR set up at home, but i cannot take it with me. I'll be staying in a small apartment and will need something small to take care of. So if any of y'all fellow reefers will be selling one in the future, let me know. As I will be busy with school, I am looking for something already set up and ready to go.

Thanks guys! I am looking forward to any advice you can give me!

welcome to a.r.c. it is a really cool club and i have learned alot and made quiet a few friends in the little over a year i have been a member.i dont know of anyone that is selling a biocube or anything similar off the top of my head.if i may ask. . . . where are you moving here from?

Well, I really just want to settle in and pick up something nearby. Just to make it as simple as possible, since I am looking for something fully stocked.

it has really helped me alot.lots of good folks.have helped me make it all the way from my 55 gallon nitrate factory.with crushed coral,10-15 lbs of live rock,h.o.b filter,regular aquarium hoods with n.o. flourescent lighting.to this big money pit i have in my corner now.lol

Welcome to ARC Jessica.

I am going to be moving some things from a 24 gallon nano-cube to another tank later this month. I'm probably going to sell the nano-cube, although I haven't decided for sure yet (I may keep it as a frag tank). Aside from equipment, the nano-cube will be empty.

Hello Jessica!!

My name is Laura and I welcome you!! I have a son who is presently attending UT as a chemical engineering student. He is a junior. He is presently in HOUSTON on a summer internship. He has a condo off of Voss Road. His girlfriend also attends UT as a nursing student. He lives in the Triangle right now and his girlfriend is in Duran. But both will be getting apartments in West Campus. So if you ever need guidance, let me know as we have lived here for 15 years. My son LOVES UT...I have an 18 year old that will being going to UTSA enrolled in the CAP program and then on to UT...so Hook "Em Horns!!! OK...now I do have an Aquapod 14 gallon that has been up and running with a few corals. It has been my "what can I do with this?" aquarium....so when you arrive in Austin and are still looking for a small tank, just let me know.

Take care and hope to meet you down the line,

Laura aka Mama

Thanks for the welcome response! =)

I am still researching into these very small tanks. When it gets closer to moving time,

I will definately let you know what I am interested in.