Side Bar

ACampbell

I find myself using the recent topics and blogs boxes a lot. It would be nice to easily know when there are new comments on blog entries.

I have yet close anything, though I would like a way to have the tracked threads default to being shown instead of forums.

I noticed the way the rss functionality seemed to change some. Before the switch to the new software, the icons to the left of the topic name would change after you read/opened a thread. It would make it easy to distinguish new threads from older ones (at least to me :D ). With the newer version, the icons do not change after you have read a thread. It is something small, but it was a nice feature.

I'm using the latest version of firefox, version 3.0.11.

Edited by austinaquaman

I'm using Google Reader and RSS, but a new post to a topic always shows as the original post. It makes reading it in Reader pretty pointless, so I just keep hitting the view new content.

I don't like that when I hit the home page and have mail, clicking to view the mail clears the "new content" flags. After reading mail I have to either "back" it up a few pages to see activity or i have to go into forums and manually search for the new icons.

That is weird that it works for you and not for me. I updated my RSS feed the day the site was change (the old RSS feed was not working). I updated the feed again just to make sure I didn't do something silly and it is still behaving the way I described above.