Another newbie

NonSequitur

Hello all. My name's Jeremy and I'm relatively new to saltwater aquaria. I've been doing freshwater for years, but finally made the jump to saltwater after my wife bought me an tank with a peacock mantis shrimp off of craigslist for my birthday. That's been an adventure. There's so much to learn, but I'm really enjoying it.

I never really intended to get into corals, was thinking of just keeping the tank as a mantis habitat, but when I cleared out some of the macroalgae I found this odd, yellow plate looking thing.. with holes that little crown looking things popped out of when the lights were on. Of course I had to figure out what it was, which sent me on an exhaustive web search. I finally discovered two things: 1 - that it was montipora, and 2 - that corals are fascinating and I want more and want to learn more about them.

I'll probably be coming to the meeting this Saturday.. I don't have anything to trade yet, but might be buying a few pieces.

Of course I had to figure out what it was, which sent me on an exhaustive web search. I finally discovered two things: 1 - that it was montipora, and 2 - that corals are fascinating and I want more and want to learn more about them.

I'll probably be coming to the meeting this Saturday.. I don't have anything to trade yet, but might be buying a few pieces.

That's how it all begins......curiosity.....then you're hooked. Welcome to the forum and hope that this hobby is as fulfilling as it's been for many of us.

-Cindy-