RO/DI suggestions

Reybeast

I need to buy an RO/DI unit (new), and I'd like to know which units y'all are using out there. Also, if you could go back and do it again, what would you do differently, TDS? Pressure guage? Different installation method? Warranty times? Bad customer service

I'm using the RO/DI system from Melev's Reef.

Installation was easy, especially once I got the hose bib connection working right.

I've got it hooked up using a splitter at the cold water connection at my washing machine and sharing the drain. I ran the output through the wall to the garage and have it going into a 32G brute trashcan with an auto-cutoff switch.

I also use a dual in-line TDS meter. (reads 16 after RO and 0 after DI)

The auto-cutoff switches and TDS meter are from Buckeye Field Supply

We are running a SpectraPure MaxCap RO/DI w/dual TDS inline meters. My husband also added a GE Smartwater canister w/ a 5 micron sediment removal filter before it gets to the unit. We figure maybe we could extend the longevity of the RO/DI filters.

Plus 1 for just ordering a unit from Buckeye. The concept and materials are all pretty much exactly the same. Try to avoid Kent as their older models used to have a proprietary system, you can't just use any old filters. I'm not sure if they've changed that.

I'm running a 300GPD unit from Aquafx, a Mako with upgrades. 1 sediment filter, 2 chloramine filters, 3 100GPD Dow membranes, 2 DI canisters, plus gauge and dual inline TDS meter. Sells for about $500 new on their site.

CoolBreeze, what did you say at the meeting at your house you were doing with the waste from your RO/DI unit?

I wash clothes with my waste water. I have my unit on a T with the washing machine. I can make 5 gallons of water and do a load of clothes without wasting any water.

Well, I bought one from the filter guys. Jim about talked my ear off, answered every question that I had and I bought it right then. I sent emails to other companies and most of them just pointed me to their website. Russ from Buckeye called me Saturday, but I had already ordered by then. Unit still hasnt arrived though.