Pom Pom Xenia

Dena

I have a ton of this from the recent live stock purchase from Subsea. It's really pretty stuff...most of it is the Aquacultured white pom pom xenia seen online at Liveaquaria. Looking to sell a bunch of it...say $2/stalk. Will also trade for other things...just let me know what you have. I'll be at River City Saturday around 11:30 and can meet there.

Also have a large kenya tree for $15. Shriveled up it was about 5 inches...and it's got 2 small stalks growing next to it.

Dena

Do you have any pictures of the Xenia?

I have a ton of this from the recent live stock purchase from Subsea. It's really pretty stuff...most of it is the Aquacultured white pom pom xenia seen online at Liveaquaria. Looking to sell a bunch of it...say $2/stalk. Will also trade for other things...just let me know what you have. I'll be at River City Saturday around 11:30 and can meet there.

Also have a large kenya tree for $15. Shriveled up it was about 5 inches...and it's got 2 small stalks growing next to it.

Dena

It opened up some...my actinics had come on a little bit before I left the house this morning. Hopefully it will be fully open by the time I get home. I just got this stuff last night after Subsea drove it 6hrs from DeRidder...so everything was pretty upset. Most of the xenia were already pulsing this morning when my lights on the 24g came on. I'm probably going to start removing the xenia from the rocks this evening and placing it in containers in my refugium. My 24 gallon is a little over full and I temp. had to put six little clowns, six damsels and a yellow tang in there also.

Dena, you mentioned the kenya tree was 5 inches shriveled up. Is it still shriveled uo or did it blossom under your expert care?

I have another kenya tree that is larger than a baseball when fully opened. It's been stuck in my fuge for a week. Would take $10 for it. I think I have three smaller quarter plus size frags for $2each.

Dena

Edited by Dena

I would like a small xenia frag. I might be able to meet up at river city but if not I was wondering if you were in on the reefcleaners group buy maybe meet up someway through that? If not I guess its a good excuse to go to river city :D

I would like a small xenia frag. I might be able to meet up at river city but if not I was wondering if you were in on the reefcleaners group buy maybe meet up someway through that? If not I guess its a good excuse to go to river city :D

Dena actually lives closer to you than RCA or the Reefcleaner order.

Yeah, and I'll be driving to San Marcos for about 5:30 to pick up one of my rescue dogs. I am meeting them at the Outback at the outlet mall...I can bring some xenia with me...let me know.

Dena

Dena actually lives closer to you than RCA or the Reefcleaner order.

Yes, I have that many to spare LOL. I removed it from the live rock...two large pieces were covered and a third piece was half covered. It's in my fuge now, not happy at all. I know I lost some through the stress of it getting transported. I'll be trying to spread it out more when I get home to let it breath...and I'll be throwing in extra for people in case I happen to grab one that doesn't want to recover. That's my fear with selling stuff...I don't want to give someone something and have it die.

Dena

Dena

I would be interested in perhaps 3 of those pom poms, if you have that many to spare. I could meet you at 11:30 at RCA.

Thank you

Bill Brister

Dena,

the clown pair is doing great! they are very happy in the 135gallon...they never leave each other's side more than a few inches. The are pretty dumb though, they both as a pair were following a Onyx Clown around the tank who was a good 3x their size! Needless to say the onyx was less than thrilled with them and has since "resolved the issue" ;) I think the Maroon is about to teach them a similar lesson...(luckily the Onyx got moved to his new tank shortly after "educating" the young clowns and the maroon is moving back into it's tank after a water change)

with that being said.....

wanna sell me another pair :D

Awe...the little buggers got a quick beating. They are so friendly and even ate out of my fingers. I just love them when they are that small.

I only have two left. Remember...got six out of the ten I was expecting. Sold two before I even got them and then two to you. The other two are staying with me...sorry LOL. I'm going to put them in my bio cube at work I think...or just keep them in the 24 gallon. My clowns in my large tank are pretty nice, but I don't want to risk these little guys getting beat up. The two I kept are smaller than the ones you bought...each ones stripe doesn't fully go around it's body so they look neat.

I'll be selling a yellow tang soon. I've got him in the 24 gallon right now and he's doing great and getting some meat on his bones. I know he can't stay there and my yellow tang in the large tank will kill him. And of course there are six blue damsels with yellow tails that I'll be needing homes for. I've got one in my large tank that's enough!

Dena

Dena,

the clown pair is doing great! they are very happy in the 135gallon...they never leave each other's side more than a few inches. The are pretty dumb though, they both as a pair were following a Onyx Clown around the tank who was a good 3x their size! Needless to say the onyx was less than thrilled with them and has since "resolved the issue" ;) I think the Maroon is about to teach them a similar lesson...(luckily the Onyx got moved to his new tank shortly after "educating" the young clowns and the maroon is moving back into it's tank after a water change)

with that being said.....

wanna sell me another pair :D

Edited by Dena

They were defiantly "educated" rather quickly but it was a short lived education. for the following reasons:

1) now they are the only clowns in my 135 (onyx are in the wife's and the maroon is in the kid's)

2) they haven't learned their lesson as they now shadow the every move of my scopas tang but he doesn't seem to care

Can't do the yellow tang (or any Zebrasomas variety of tang) as my Scopas would murder it. (he has a rep ya know)

On a side note you do the rottie rescue thing right? Would you be interested in a large wooden dog house with a nice shingled roof? I could donate it or we could trade for some frags or whatever...no longer have dog so no longer need dog house:(

Awe...the little buggers got a quick beating. They are so friendly and even ate out of my fingers. I just love them when they are that small.

I only have two left. Remember...got six out of the ten I was expecting. Sold two before I even got them and then two to you. The other two are staying with me...sorry LOL. I'm going to put them in my bio cube at work I think...or just keep them in the 24 gallon. My clowns in my large tank are pretty nice, but I don't want to risk these little guys getting beat up. The two I kept are smaller than the ones you bought...each ones stripe doesn't fully go around it's body so they look neat.

I'll be selling a yellow tang soon. I've got him in the 24 gallon right now and he's doing great and getting some meat on his bones. I know he can't stay there and my yellow tang in the large tank will kill him. And of course there are six blue damsels with yellow tails that I'll be needing homes for. I've got one in my large tank that's enough!

Dena