Howdy

michael_t

Hi, I'm new. Can't believe I missed a meeting by mere days!

I am getting my first corals, anemone this week (10-3-6).

Here is my tank set up?

Tank age: In new location since April ?06.

Since initial set-up Year and a half

Tank stats:

65 gal (I think) Jebo R3100 Acrylic Tank

Dimensions: 39 3/8? (L) X 19 5/8? (W) X 19 5/8?

1 x 1200 Maxi-Jet power head

1 x 900 Maxi-Jet power head

120 Coral Life Super Skimmer

25 lbs (or more) of Live Rock

Illumination: 4X35W 6400k Jebo lights

Came with wet/dry trickle filter and ceramic bio media (now in quarantine tank)

Fish:

Yellow Tang (Maggie), Clown (Crusty), and a Lawn Mower Bennie (Plucky).

Macro aglae in in-tank fuge. (new 10-1-6)

Cleaning Crew:

Scarlet Hermit Crab : 20

Blueleg Hermit Crab :20

Nasssarius Snail :10

Emerald Crab : 5

Coral Banded Shrimp :1

Sally Lightfoot Crab : 1 (MIA)

Turbo/Astrea Snail :20

9-29-6

Water test reveals everything A-OK with nitrates at 12. (Had a problem in the past.)

Welcome Michael,

You'll find a super group of people here and a lot of info not all the best but take it with a grain of salt (or 1/2 cup per gallon) LOL! Everyone here tries really hard and some succeed. Others do well inspite of the school the cheer for. No Clint, I'm not just talking about you. I hope you find here what you came for and become a part of the family. Again, Welcome.

Steve

Irish, I am getting a Bubble Tip and a Pink Tip. The Pink Tip was free! Should be in tomorrow. Can't wait.

I took the tank over from a friend. He was getting bad advice from a LFS and he just had a baby so he did not have time to mess with the tank.

I had more time to mess with it. Nitrates were in the 80?s and no amount of water changes would affect it.

I did a lot of research and eliminated the wet/dry trickle filter and the enclosed bio balls. Purchased the Coral Life 125 Skimmer (wish I would have ordered it online) and that has helped. Nitrates hover at 12 ppm now.

Just upgraded the lights on it too. It was a Jebo tank with crappy wet/dry filter and crappy 35 w pc?s. Some would say that the 35 w pc?s would not be enough lights for a 60 g but I have crazy coralline growth with the OEM hood.

When it was time to change out the lights I decided to replace the metal plate since it was rusting out. I removed the metal plate and noticed that the diagram on the ballast read 55w bulbs and not 35 w. The bulbs were 16? on the 35 w and the 55 w?s I found were 21?. On the new plate, I realigned the holes and shoehorned in the 21? 55 w.

So now I have 4 21?x 55w bulbs, that?s an 80 w and 20? increase over the OEM lights.