Dogface puffer

Christyef

Well, I hate to be wishy-washy, but he ate another nem. [emoji22]. I'm tired of buying him $40 snacks, so I'm going to part w/ him. I'll never have the kind of tank I desire w/ his voracious appetite for my pretty corals.... Pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe time for a habitat tank for him.

. Tell me more!!

Just set up a new tank dedicated to his needs and find out what other fish or inverts you can keep with him. Maybe use his habitat as a display refugium with mangroves and macro (if he doesn't eat them) and tie it in with your other tank(s). Im sure some others on here can chime in with some recommendations and considerations. Just be sure the environment is suitable for his size and activity.

• Like 2

Maybe time for a habitat tank for him.

. Tell me more!!

Just set up a new tank dedicated to his needs and find out what other fish or inverts you can keep with him. Maybe use his habitat as a display refugium with mangroves and macro (if he doesn't eat them) and tie it in with your other tank(s). Im sure some others on here can chime in with some recommendations and considerations. Just be sure the environment is suitable for his size and activity.

What a cool idea! I love ARC! Now my wheels are really turning! Thank u! [emoji4]

• Like 3

Omgosh! I googled that and am in awe. Never even considered that approach

Well if you decide to sell him, I have a fish only 400 gallon he would be very happy in!

Wow! Do u have pix of it?

Sorry, had to share. I keep reading the title of the thread as Dogface Puncher for some reason, which cracks me up because my idle threat to my dog is always, don't look at me like that Zorro, I'll punch you in the face! To which my wife always tells me not to say that and to be nice! shifty.gif

I don't really punch my dog in the face people... just in case someone tries to take it the wrong way. wave.gif I just have a really twisted sense of humor.

I fell in love with the statement when I was hearing sports teams say they went out there and got crushed. "What can I say, we went out there and tried our best and got punched in the face." Still cracks me up just hearing it.

Sorry, one of my random moments... I'll go back in my hole now.

• Like 2

Sorry, had to share. I keep reading the title of the thread as Dogface Puncher for some reason, which cracks me up because my idle threat to my dog is always, don't look at me like that Zorro, I'll punch you in the face! To which my wife always tells me not to say that and to be nice! shifty.gif

I don't really punch my dog in the face people... just in case someone tries to take it the wrong way. wave.gif I just have a really twisted sense of humor.

I fell in love with the statement when I was hearing sports teams say they went out there and got crushed. "What can I say, we went out there and tried our best and got punched in the face." Still cracks me up just hearing it.

Sorry, one of my random moments... I'll go back in my hole now.

And this is is why we love u! [emoji4]

• Like 1

So, I'm thinking.... I have a 75 gal for my 140. I can't come up w/ a way to hide the skimmer and return pump in a display refugium... BUT, I do have a 25 gal w/ baffles I'm currently using on my 55 that I cld put all that in, Build a shelf higher to put the 75 on (under the 140), and hide the 25 behind doors.... Plumb it all together!!!! Thghts?

Will you still have the room to easily get the skimmer out to maintenance? A tank I had many moons ago made it hard to get the skimmer out, so in turn it did not get the maintenance it needed. just a thought. Maybe use the 25 as the refugium instead?? Not sure that your setup looks like.

Edited by SChrisEV

Yessir, that's what I was thinking, maybe didn't word it right. I can use my current sump/ refugium along w/ the 75. The sand bed, mangrove tree, and LR wld be part of the 75 and aid in filtration. PLUS, have a whopping 240 total gallons! [emoji4]

• Like 1

Will you still have the room to easily get the skimmer out to maintenance? A tank I had many moons ago made it hard to get the skimmer out, so in turn it did not get the maintenance it needed. just a thought. Maybe use the 25 as the refugium instead?? Not sure that your setup looks like.

Currently I have a tank and stand for a 140 in my garage w/ a 75 gal sump. It is my project tank to replace my 55. So, I guess my point is, the skies the limit as far as what I can do w/ it. I'd never heard of a "display refugium" until today and may be able to have that to keep the puffer happy and my corals safe