New to the group

Langosta25

Hello everyone, my name is Steven. In November of last year I decided to get back into the hobby after eight years. My 12 yr Son was diagnosed with bone cancer and I thought it would give us both some peace and comfort while he was fighting cancer.

We decided to get a 90 gallon, In December after the tank was cycled we added some chromies. I knew we would have to go slow but didn't know how much time my Son had to see the tank finished. In early January we added a pair of ocellaris clowns and a couple of Lps corals.

We begin to plan what we were going to add to the tank as it matured. In January 20th my Son relocated to Heaven and I have been slowly adding what he wanted in the tank. The last two things we talked about adding was a multi colored bubble tip anemone and a all purple torch. I have been looking but have noticed these are hard to find local. If anyone sees any of these for sale please let me know!

I am excited to have joined this group and more excited to keep my Sons vision and memory of our tank alive!!. A lot has changed since I have been out of the hobby, I hope to learn from people in this group. Thanks!

Hi Steven. I love the positive way you are handling this. I'm sure someone on Arc can help you find the livestock you are looking for! You should also consider coming to the upcoming C4 conference in August, sponsored by Arc. I'll bet you can find items from your sons list there, if nothing else

Welcome to the club Steven! That's great that you are carrying on the vision for your son!

Do you have any setup pictures of the tank? Or an equipment list to let us know what you're working with?

Archived