Metal stand

bfrench

My brother in law is a professional welder in town and welded me an awesome stand. I then had it powder coated at Diamond Powder coating and it's the best stand I've ever had. I can ask him if he'd be interested in welding one for you if you're interested. You can see some pictures of my stand on my build thread.

• 2 months later...

Not to steal a brother-in laws thunder but I used Iron Heart Wlding little over a year ago for my stand, you can see it in my build thread (see signature). He did a great job at a good price.

Do you have any spacer between the bottom of metal stand and your flooring? How did you level it?

Side question on attaching your facade. Did you use magnets or is it just free standing? If free standing, after you added the doors any issues?

Cool. I'll ask my brother-in-law if he has interest

We get this request a lot. He should consider advertising it as a sponsor, I'll cut him a deal. wink.png

I agree and I could have used a recommendation about a year ago. I couldn't find anyone to do it for my new tank.

Not to steal a brother-in laws thunder but I used Iron Heart Wlding little over a year ago for my stand, you can see it in my build thread (see signature). He did a great job at a good price.

Do you have any spacer between the bottom of metal stand and your flooring? How did you level it?

Side question on attaching your facade. Did you use magnets or is it just free standing? If free standing, after you added the doors any issues?

I got lucky, My floor is level, my stand is level, so I did not need any shims! I was surprised. As for the facade, I build it so it can slide into/out of place. The doors I actually have not finished, really slacking on that, but on the front hinges, the sides, because I wanted them to be flush, I'm using rare earth magnets and trim (wood) to keep the doors in place and can pull them off as needed. I don't want to talk over bfrench's post, be happy to help, either post on my build, or PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived