Need advises to get internal pump to push a 240

reeflover

Just like to hear what your opinions to get a pump to push a 240. This is for fish only tank. I have reef octopus, jebao which I am stil using, looking to try something different. Love Vectra but bit expensive. Let's hear what you guys running.

If you have 1 to sell, I am in the market to get 1 too, price and condition. TIA

Just throw another Jaebo return pump down there and call it a day. I've used a Sicce, a Mag pump, a Reeflo, and a Jaebo. The Jaebo is the only DC pump out of the group but hands down my favorite for a submersible.

Consider the RODC 5500. Perfectly silent, runs quiet, internal or external.

Dan this is the same model i am running now for my 220, only it is older version black and red body. Really love it. I like to try out the white body version tho.

What jabeo?

If I go with jebao, I will probably pick the dct8000, More power then I need it but will be handy down the road for extra more reactors.

Any jebao will be quite, I have 3 different jebao pump and don't hear a thing. They are quite as reef octopus, the only thing failed was the adapter, but any universal adapter will work just fine. Only 1 adapter failed among the 3. Reef octopus is more expensive, but I am sure will last longer. Funny 2 companies using the same adapter model.

What model of Jabao and why? Now that I have my Overflows pretty silient I hear the heck out of my Mag 18 and Mag 12!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOW did you get your overflows "silent"? Mine sounds like a toilet! [emoji3]

Research Herbie Overflow and Beananimal overflow to make it quiet.

I have a Jeabo and the RODC, and the RODC is considerably more quiet. I use the Jeabo for my salt mixing tank since I don't trust it as much as the RODC. I know everyone loves their cheap Chinese crap, but remember, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Research Herbie Overflow and Beananimal overflow to make it quiet.

I have a Jeabo and the RODC, and the RODC is considerably more quiet. I use the Jeabo for my salt mixing tank since I don't trust it as much as the RODC. I know everyone loves their cheap Chinese crap, but remember, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Hey hey hey, I was made in China too! Well, really, I was made in Hong Kong but still... [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...

I know the vectra is expensive but it is amazing with programability and it is absolutely whisper quite. I have confidence in the name brand and think that since it is new and have competition from Apex with the CoreI think they will go out of to make it right if there is a problem. I have to touch it to make sure it is running, so so quite. I run it in closed loop but have no doubt it would push the volume you need. Just sell some of those fish you have hanging out in the sump, haha.

If price is a major factor I agree that the jaebo is pretty efficient and vey cost effective for both internal and external applications. I picked up one to run this chiller, if I can get it to work, and am super impressed with it, although after I ran it once I dried it out to store it and when I went to run it again the impeller was stick, I had to help it with a screwdriver but then it worked fine.

I know the vectra is expensive but it is amazing with programability and it is absolutely whisper quite. I have confidence in the name brand and think that since it is new and have competition from Apex with the CoreI think they will go out of to make it right if there is a problem. I have to touch it to make sure it is running, so so quite. I run it in closed loop but have no doubt it would push the volume you need. Just sell some of those fish you have hanging out in the sump, haha.

If price is a major factor I agree that the jaebo is pretty efficient and vey cost effective for both internal and external applications. I picked up one to run this chiller, if I can get it to work, and am super impressed with it, although after I ran it once I dried it out to store it and when I went to run it again the impeller was stick, I had to help it with a screwdriver but then it worked fine.

Just to note, the manufacturer states not to run the Jaebo externally. It was designed to be run internal only.

Man I'm batting zero tonight, you are right (as usual[emoji6] . From the manufacturer " Internal Use Only! DC Pump do not suppose for External Use". I don't know why I thought that???

This new information means I fully support the vectra then but take my advice with a grain ofsalt because I have been known to be wrong in the past, lol.[emoji106]

Just a note the vetra L1 is FBSP British pipe threads not NPT. Don't think your going to save money and run down to home desperate and pick up a NPT pipe thread fitting and just screw it on your Vectra. Order a spears 2 PVC FEMALE ADAPTER SOCXFBSP for the inlet and a 1.5 PVC FEMALE ADAPTER SOCXFBSP for the outlet. I don't know the M1 sizes off the top of my head. Ordering the fitting this way is over half cheaper then ecotech.

Man I'm batting zero tonight, you are right (as usual[emoji6] . From the manufacturer " Internal Use Only! DC Pump do not suppose for External Use". I don't know why I thought that???

This new information means I fully support the vectra then but take my advice with a grain ofsalt because I have been known to be wrong in the past, lol.[emoji106]

I've had plenty of those days myself! Sometimes weeks! [emoji30]

Archived