I've always loved Flipper

Neon Reefer

The old Flipper

post-3185-0-39798900-1452264817.gif

and now the new Flipper

post-3185-0-65293600-1452265126_thumb.jp

I just received my Flipper Max from Bulk Reef for $79.00 and free shipping. I had read the original reports from Mike on the first and second models, but I gotta say this Flipper Max is the bomb!!!

post-3185-0-52360700-1452265442.gif

Man this thing is massive but has a low profile and gets into tight spaces. The magnet is strong enough to clean in a single wipe and gives your arm a pretty good workout. The metal blade cleans stubborn algae including stubborn Coraline algae better than anything I've ever used due to the strength of the magnet. There is a plastic blade included for acrylic tanks My glass always eemed to have a haze even after just finishing with the Magfloat and I'd have to get out the pad cleaner on the stick and work it over to remove it. Not anymore, the glass is perfectly clean after the Flipper. And thank goodness no more chasing the wet side around the tank in high flow areas. The flipping ability of the cleaner from scraper to smooth side and back works as well as directed and with a little practice even works in high flow areas.

Even though it's a little pricy at nearly $80, it's worth ten of my Magfloats at $49 each. Buy it you'll love it, and for you guys with smaller tanks and thinner glass there is a smaller version as well.

Best purchase I have made for my tank in years! It's giving me endless smiles!

post-3185-0-85115900-1452269715.gif

Been using mine for almost a year now on 3/4" glass and works like a charm. Agreed, one of my best purchases for the tank.

I will say that I feel like the magnets have lost a little strength over the year but the scraping element is still going strong. I just wiped out a 1' x 1' section of coralline last night with it after moving my stylo colony.

Been using mine for almost a year now on 3/4" glass and works like a charm. Agreed, one of my best purchases for the tank.

I will say that I feel like the magnets have lost a little strength over the year but the scraping element is still going strong. I just wiped out a 1' x 1' section of coralline last night with it after moving my stylo colony.

What one do you use on 3/4"? I was looking at one of these for my tank which has either 5/8 or some metric thickness, but the magfloat takes way more work than it should and is impossible for coraline.

What one do you use on 3/4"? I was looking at one of these for my tank which has either 5/8 or some metric thickness, but the magfloat takes way more work than it should and is impossible for coraline.
The flipper max.

I love my flipper too. I just have one of the old regular ones and it has done a fantastic job over the years. I've only had to replace the blade once so far.

Archived