regenrate DI resin

Isaac

From the threads I've read on RC and other forums, it just doesn't seem worth it unless you go through a ridiculous amount of resin.

I do think the article downplays the safety concerns especially if you get into larger quantities. Taking a whiff of hydrochloric acid will put you on your A** at the very least.

there's construction in the area, so both my RO and DI have been feelin it. i even got a permeate pump, which btw does indeed work as advertised.. well, not 80% better, but def at least 50%.

As a teenager, I cleaned pools for gas money... things w/ chlorine granules and various auto fluids in the wrong ratio will put you on yer ***... this as well, but def not as bad. (dont ask me the items or ratios... hi NSA!)

Guess i'll keep it in lower quantities and work my way up as i feel comfy. if anyone has resin they are trashing, save it up, ill take it *lol*

• 4 weeks later...

So i tried this evening... was relatively simple once you jot down the instructions w/o all the extra fluff from that page. Its just super tedious at the end w/ the rinsing and filtering. Since I'm the paranoid type, I'm letting it sit in RO/DI a couple days and rinsing yet again. Cant really test it until my current batch gets used up... so i guess in a few months *lol*

All in all... its good to try/practice a couple times just in case yer strapped for resin someday, but my back says its not worth it if you can afford resin. (ie. save yer old resin for a rainy day!) ...also, its a summer activity, my hands got really cold tonight sad.png

Archived