Storing Tank Water

Neon Reefer

Switching tanks out

Hong long would you think it is safe to store tank water in containers until you refill your tank

Will it stay stable for a week. Note this is not fresh made saltwater, but water out of the old tank waiting to go into the new tank.

Got 100 gal in a large container with all the critters coral fish rock etc that is circulating and heated and is fine running just like an aquarium without a sump and only feeding fish very lightly. But I also have 50 gals in sealed 5 gal containers sitting in the garage that I am wondering about. .

Oozarkawater had all his rock, fish, and corals in a 100 gallon plastic tub for months [almost a year?] and they were all fine. I think as long as you keep the water parameters the same as you had them in the tank and you're not using some awful plastic that would leach a ton of chemicals into the water, you'll be fine. How long do you plan on having them in there for? Just upgrading tanks?

Tank Leak ! Should be back in by this weekend. Not worried about water in holding tub. But I also have 50 gals of tank water stored in 5 gal srealed containers that I was concerned about storing fpor a week uncirculated.

Archived