Galaxyhydro™ Led 55x3w Dimmable 165w Full Spectrum LED Aquarium

Wade

Does anyone have any experience with these fixtures? The specs and features are what you expect and the ratings are high. Here are the product details from Amazon:

Product Description
Brief Introduction:

1. The largest feature is DIMMABLE, you can control the brightness of the light by a revolving button
2. Light-weight, portable, perfect simulation of natural environment such as sunrise, sunset, etc
3. Latest secondary lens assure perfect color uniformity and more PAR output
4. High power LED lamp and high quality LED chip assure high luminous efficiency
5. Full Spectrum from Violet (410nm) to Red (630nm)
6. 2 active cooling fan system inside for heat dissipation, 2 dimmer outside for light control, 2 sockets for more lights using together

Product Specifications:

Dimensions: 15.8 x 8.4 x 2.4 inches
Weight: 7.9 pounds
Output Power: 55pcs*3watt
Power Consumption: 120W+/-3%
Warranty: 1 year
Lifespan: 30000 hours
Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V
Working Voltage: 23V
Working Current: 1.2A
View Angle of LEDs: 90 degree lens
Dimmer One(28 LEDs) 16 x Cool White 14,000k 6 x Warm white 2700k 4x Red 660nm Green 520
Dimmer One(27 LEDs) 20 x Blue 460nm 4 x Purple 410nm 3 x Moonlight Blue
Using: suitable for a 20 to 50 Gallon tank
Recommend Height: 0.3 m- 2 m

Based on my research on Reef Central before I went with LED, these look like generic Chinese LED's marketed/sold by many different companies. The general consensus is they are good fixtures that will work. I'd say, if the price is right; go for it.

I'm looking for a light to go over a frag tank I want to set up. I'm using LED's on my DT so I want n LED fixture over the FT too. Thanks for your input Robb.

LEDs have come a long way recently to enable down pricing. As with all electronics the market is moving to the programming and miniaturization of the product. It is here where you will find the additional costs. Chips, emitters secondary lenses and a better variety of more complete spectrums is pretty common now. It seems the Chinese have mastered this market. Go figure and do it a lot cheaper than American made products. The new frontier in aquarium lighting is changing and the all in one CFL E-27 socket style aquarium bulb with built in ballast for around $20 each is on the horizon brought to you by guess who. Get ready cause there coming to a web site near you soon. At 2X rating of MH these new lights will rival LEDs at a fraction of the costs. An array of 25 - 100 watt bulbs in different heats just like T5s will bring a wide spectrum of possibilities. Imagine 5 bulbs generating 500 watts total for $100 and that includes the ballasts. Ding! Ding! DING! Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Very interesting! You have any links so I can read up more on these?

LEDs have come a long way recently to enable down pricing. As with all electronics the market is moving to the programming and miniaturization of the product. It is here where you will find the additional costs. Chips, emitters secondary lenses and a better variety of more complete spectrums is pretty common now. It seems the Chinese have mastered this market. Go figure and do it a lot cheaper than American made products. The new frontier in aquarium lighting is changing and the all in one CFL E-27 socket style aquarium bulb with built in ballast for around $20 each is on the horizon brought to you by guess who. Get ready cause there coming to a web site near you soon. At 2X rating of MH these new lights will rival LEDs at a fraction of the costs. An array of 25 - 100 watt bulbs in different heats just like T5s will bring a wide spectrum of possibilities. Imagine 5 bulbs generating 500 watts total for $100 and that includes the ballasts. Ding! Ding! DING! Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

500 watts = lots of heat too. Not good for a built-in system. I've been able to completely do away with my chiller by switching to LEDs. These do sound very interesting, but I'll be sticking with LEDs for the foreseeable future. They may be perfect for the frag tank though except I think I want to have the same type of light over my frag tank as I do over my DT since that's what the coral is used to. If I'm going to sell or trade the frags, then maybe it doesn't really matter. When are these expected to be hitting the shelves?

Archived