FS-adult size WRASSE-BOTH SOLD.

Viet'spride70

Heh... I just pm'd you, but I'm sick right now. I could get it but you'd risk getting this bug. Which reminds me, hopefully I wasn't contagious last night and got you sick Vu. If you do get sick in the next few days, you can totally blame me. :(

I know it's contagious because literally every person in my office got sick today.

No worries Vu, it was our choice to get him. There's no way to know that the wrasses were going to hate one another. They are generally supposed to be pretty peaceful, but I think it's because they have really similar colors.

Just let me know Dan. I'll take either one of them.

Did you want the Fairy Wrasse? I just caught him this morning. I paid $40 for him so that's all I'd want.

He looks terrible in this pic, I think he was pretty stressed from the assault plus being caught.

1cfe8fb6c9d4f130b460c318b3d6754d.jpg

I think it's more a function of the wrasse being hungry as heck after hiding for 2 straight days! I was shocked he was out and about this AM. And shockingly the Labouti was not being a total jerk. He was flaring and giving his best "I'm a jerk" show, but was not chasing the fairy around. So that was pretty lucky timing to have the trap.

It only took a few minutes. Put the trap in before the lights came on. Once the lights came on and the fish were out, I put in a few mysis. All 3 wrasses were very interested and trying to figure out how to get it. None were going in the front so I put the turkey baster in and blew the mysis towards the front of the trap. Within 5 seconds the fairy wrasse went in! Crap! I wasn't even ready! So I quickly unwrapped the string and let it go and presto! 1 wrasse caught!

Talk about lucky that we caught the fairy first. I would never have guessed it was going to go down like this.

So far everything seems really peaceful now. I'll feed in an hour or so and see if they all get along at that time.

I need a nap! All this excitement + being sick = tired Dan. Ok, I just realized that catching fish is considered exciting. I am such a nerd.

That was my fear - if the Labouti had been the first catch, I didn't know if the Fairy was going to fall for it. Frankly, I'm just shocked he was out and about this morning and the Labouti wasn't all out trying to kill him.

Well, is sounds like Chris wants him and will be picking him up Monday. I'm just glad we were able to get him out before he got too beat up.

Archived