Power outage

JGon

I've got a upc back up and a battery powered bubbler im not using currently. The upc will run a jebao wp10 for about 6 hrs. You would have to pick up on Taylor though.

Versace,

I agree disaster preparedness should be a top priority.

Bogdan does seem to have a battery backup in place. I'm sure he was thinking like all of us where is the power will be back on in the morning. I'm sure had he known that he was going to be off the grid for so long he would have gone to either Sears or Home Depot this afternoon and got a cheap generator.

Thanks for the offer but I can't pick it up.my leaf battery is almost gone as well. I am charging the upc at work right now. It should give me approx. 6hr of one small power head running. Of the power is not back in 6 hr. I just give up.

Anyway I really appreciate your offer.

I have a DC to AC converter that can push 1000 watts if you want to borrow it. I also have very long extension cords.

This is what we talked about in the meeting a couple weeks ago at Dan's house! This is pretty serious stuff when it actually happens. I was about take Dan's suggestion on using the car as a source of power. But luckily power came back in the morning for me.

I have a DC to AC converter that can push 1000 watts if you want to borrow it. I also have very long extension cords.

What is exactly model of your dc/AC converter?

Ya, I know about the leaf, I just thought maybe you had another vehicle, or a friend or whatever.

This is the converter I have:

BESTEK® Dual 110V AC Outlets 1000W Car DC 12V to AC 110V Inverter Power Supply DC Adapter Laptop Charger Notebook Adapter DC charger AC Adapter with Battery Clamps and Car Cigarette Lighter Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SLDDHQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_DxPyvb0Q5ME6F

OK, power is back. only one victim so far and pH relatively low 7.75 (usually above 8.0). in case of power outage lasting longer than 24h the only real option is power generator.

Archived