Tank Crawl?

nvrEnuf

Just a thought...has the club ever tried to organize a tank crawl?

You know, like a pub crawl but with much nerdier objectives (although I don't turn down drinks often!).

Like, start North and work South visiting members tanks?

I'd certainly be game considering I often visit every LFS in town on a saturday...it'd be nice to see something different than frag tanks!

Maybe do a lil research on areas of town where members are concentrated for the first one?

For example, I can't remember who, but one member lives like 2 minutes from my house and somehow we've never seen the others' tank. I also think there are three or four members in the lakeway area....etc.

Say....no more than 30 minutes per house?

I realize not everyone would be excited about this, so, if it isn't something the club wants to organize I don't mind taking it on either via this thread or PM

~Jason

Lets start here then:

Everyone in post up that you're interested and closest cross streets

I am : Manchacca and Slaughter (but Frate Barker to be more specfic)

Anyone is welcome to give me a ring and stop by almost any time.

five1two-391-9o2o

Depending on the timing, I'd be down for this too. I remember Mike (the boss) mentioning it couldn't be an official ARC event but if we coordinated and just did it outside of the sponsored club activities, it shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps this could be the backup plan for any meetings that don't meet the minimum 10 RSVPs needed.

Oh, and yeah, I'm at Lamar/Braker intersection.

I would be down too. It just depends for me because my work schedule is all over the place. So it would depend on what days I have off or what times I'd be working. I'm off lamar and rutland.

+1 Ty

This idea has come up several times. So far as I know, nobody has successfully organized one. It would be fun to do but lengthy. If you spent 30 minutes at each house looking at the tanks, then you would quickly spend 3 hours visiting 5 houses.

There are lots of tanks up in Round Rock. I'm at IH45 and Heatherwilde

Maybe do a Northside crawl and a Southside crawl several weeks apart.

I think you would definitely have to do North and South on different weekends. You might even have to break it down by city if you have enough tanks in each area. Let's go to Cedar Park so I can see Woods tank!

Doing area type things was kinda what I was thinking as well.

I actually think this thing would be great for when people are getting ready to do a move or break down.

Example: I think someone has some great frags either in Lakeway or somewhere North that is breaking a tank down soon? This makes a good mid afternoon finishing point after touring some other tanks in the area.

Or if someone else has some frags they would like to sell it motivates others to travel, and locals to make the time to make freinds in the area.

I am way south, but I know there seems to be a heavier population of tanks up where you rich people live :).

We could also just do Zip codes. 78731 and 34 , 57&59, 04+45-49, etc

Lol i wish i was rich. I think the georgetown and lakeway area folks are a little more well off than us north austinites and pflugerville peeps ;P

If only. Lol

I think incorporating frag dales is an awesome idea too! Great way to make new friends and finally see eachothers setups in person! Ive only seen I think 4-5 of our members tanks "live" in person

Just a thought...has the club ever tried to organize a tank crawl?

I remember Mike (the boss) mentioning it couldn't be an official ARC event but if we coordinated and just did it outside of the sponsored club activities, it shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps this could be the backup plan for any meetings that don't meet the minimum 10 RSVPs needed.

Oh, and yeah, I'm at Lamar/Braker intersection.

This is actually something that I've wanted to do for a while, but given the size of Austin and distance involved provides some challenges. the only issue with it being an official event is alcohol involvement. What you each do at your own house/on your own time is your business, but the club couldn't promote "come see a variety of tanks and drink at each". That said, how I envisioned it is this:

• Have members who are open to hosting list the times that their house would be open
  • Members touring can carpool, travel together, whatever in whatever order they want to the open houses.

Rather than having one large group moving house to house this would provide smaller chunks of members showing up during the hosted times. This would provide for less crowding at the host houses and allow different groups to come and go at different times, crossing paths occasionally.

We could even have a start up "kick-off" location, and then wrap up at an "end location" to hang out and talk about everything we saw.

The club would be up for providing some prizes and we could have votes on best tanks in certain categories like "best nano", "best newbie", etc.

Great idea Mike!

+1 for open house schedule. Without a schedule it would be hard for someone to attend other open houses and be on the list for that day.

House 1 - 1:00 - 1:30

House 2 - 1:45 - 2:15

House 3 - 2:30 - 3:00

etc...

If my house were 3, then I could attend 1 and 4 safely. If not, then I could only attend the houses after my own.

Archived