Peppermint Shrimp Eating Plate?

Wade

I added a couple of peppermint shrimp to my tank a few days ago to handle a few aptasia I've noticed and today one appears to be eating my orange plate coral? The plate has been doing fine since I got it almost two years ago, today a shrimp is on it and I can see it's "ribs". Is it just getting cleaned and has pulled back inside it's skeleton?

They're very opportunistic and will eat anything if their favored food is missing, or if they don't feel like looking for it which is the case most of the time. Sleeping fish. Coral. Other inverts. Anemones. Not really much not on their menu.

Seriously? I've never seen that mentioned in any post about using peppermints to eradicate aptasia. Why introduce one pest to eradicate another? I'll never get the little ******** out of there!!

For what it's worth the ones I got do have pronounced red lines on them and are somewhat translucent so they sound like the right ones.