Announcing the May ARC meeting (Saturday, 5/16 @ 3pm)

mFrame

Poll: RSVP  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note on parking. If you can, please park in the middle of the cul-de-sac - So long as cars can get in/out of their driveways and go around you in the circle, then you're good to go. Our neighbors and I have guests do this all the time and it makes it so we can fit a lot more cars rather than everyone trying to park along the curb. I think usually 8 cars can fit out in the middle if they all park nicely. See the attached.

post-3872-0-66454300-1431527539_thumb.pn

"If you want to think of possible emergencies, I'm willing to show where the system is or is not capable of dealing with it. I'm sure there's plenty of things that would still be major problems."

creat a containment to have the meeting in and see how the Co2 can get?

"dose" the tank with adult beverages?

"drop" and E-cig in the sump?

Or my favorite: a "small" spritz of perfume?

Just acouple party poopers I've heard of :)

You aren't made of sugar Peter, you won't melt. You should definitely come! :) I will have BBQ... MMm... Pork butt.

Which reminds me, I need to start the BBQ in an hour or 2... Gotta smoke that bad boy for a good 15-16 hours.

Hey guys. Gonna be my first time attending. I can bring some drinks or snacks if needed. Just lmk. Looking forward to meeting everyone! [emoji1]

The only thing I may not have covered completely is drinks. If someone has a specific drink that they cannot live without, then probably bringing it would be good. But I have water, topo chico, coke, dr p, American cheap beer, wine (red and white).

Hey everyone. Sorry for just leaving unannounced. Wish I could've stayed till the end but my wife called and had an emergency. Had to leave quickly. But I had a good time the while I was there. Great food, cool people, and great atmosphere. Thank you Dan and Meg for hosting the meeting. You guys have a beautiful home and a gorgeous tank. Looking forward to the next time we all meet again. [emoji4]

Thanks everyone for coming. Hope you enjoyed some pork and libations. Had a great time and can't wait for the next one! :)

Just in case you are a data nerd after yesterday's conversation... I wanted to show the pH and ORP of our system as of now. You can see the pH (red) really drop during the meeting, then slowly recover all night once there was less CO2 being produced. Another interesting thing is the ORP last night after y'all left. Two things happened. First, I mounted quite a few new frags in the tank. I used a combination of epoxy and cyanoacrylate gel (super glue). Plus, Meg wanted to hand feed some of the corals/critters mysis. This combination of organic material caused the ORP to drop very fast, then recover slowly.

post-3872-0-30218500-1431874983_thumb.pn

Dan,

Had a great time yesterday. Thanks for hosting.

ORP is a very fickle measurement. If you dose or feed anything you will see an immediate drop in ORP. It was common for my ORP to be running 400 and then dose aquavitro fuel and watch it immediately drop to 300 or 250.

Archived