borrow light

etannert

Hi all -

Does anyone have a T5, clamp-on MH, or par38 bulb I can borrow for a few days? The ballast on my Solana went out and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. After a week of combo of my pico light (a Wavepoint LED) and whatever intermittent light happens when the light wants to come on, some of my corals are less than happy and it's time to get them a better source.

I have one of those stupid long band director days tomorrow so if you're in Georgetown (where I teach) and can help, that would be great as I have some flexibility on when I can stop by. If not, anyone in N. or Central Austin who doesn't mind me stopping by late!

Thanks in advance!!

I have a nanocube 28 hood with a 150-watt MH in it that you can try to balance over your tank if you want. Sorry, that's the best I have. I'm using my 250-watt MH over my frag tank, otherwise I would have that to let you borrow.

If you want to try the nanocube 28 hood, give me a chance to fire it up first to make sure it works. It's been in storage for awhile.

Jestep - sorry, just now saw this. Yes it's the Solana disco ball fixture, just need the ballast with the attached cords as there's nothing wrong with the fixture/bulb section.

Reeflover - thanks for the offer, where are you located?

Ty - thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in reserve for right now!

Jestep - sorry, just now saw this. Yes it's the Solana disco ball fixture, just need the ballast with the attached cords as there's nothing wrong with the fixture/bulb section.

I think I have the ballast/wires from when I replaced my fixture with LED in my solana, but I won't be where I can look for it for a few days.

Thanks Mike! I borrowed Reeflover's for the time being, but still seeking the permanent solution since it appears this ballast is no longer manufactured. Might just be time to covert the fixture to a par38 bulb.

Archived